10 Most Common Questions on Xbox One X Hard Drive Using

Xmint

Installing an external hard drive on Xbox One is very simple: Connect the hard drive to the console via any of the USB ports on the console. For the first time, the Xbox will offer to format the hard drive for use as a media storage device (to capture video, store photos, etc.), or to use it as a storage device for your games.

10 Most Common Questions on Xbox One X Hard Drive Using

Questions and answers

How do I check the space available on my Xbox One?

From the Home screen or the Xbox menu, select "Games and Applications." On the left, you will see how much space is used on each of the hard drives you have, and how much space is still available.

My internal hard drive is empty but I don't have all the available space why?

The system that runs the Xbox One itself takes up space. It is therefore normal that a console blank for any application or game does not have the full capacity of the hard drive available.

How many hard drives can I connect to my Xbox One?

According to the official Xbox site, the Xbox One can simultaneously host and operate up to 2 hard drives on its USB ports. We have also verified the thing.

How do I format my hard drive for Xbox One?

If for some reason the hard drive connected to your Xbox One needs to be (re) formatted, open the Xbox One guide and go to "System> Settings> Storage" then select the hard drive and choose "Format for games and applications".

How can I see how much space a game takes on my Xbox One?

From the games screen, in "My games and applications", you just need to select a game or an application then press the "menu" button on the controller and select "Manage".

How do I uninstall and free up hard drive space on my Xbox One?

To free up space on your current hard drive, go to "My games and applications" and select the game or application you want to uninstall with the "menu" button on the controller and select "Manage". You will then have the opportunity to uninstall all or part of the game (main game, DLCs, content packs, etc.).