1080p vs 4k: is there a significant gap between them about visual effects by eyes?

Q: I want to buy a projector, and i am considering BenQ w1120 and 1700m, don’t know which one to choose. I want to do it in one step, and I want to save the budget

A:

Although it shows that the base W1700M is a 4K dithered, reaching the true 4K level of 8.3 million pixels, but the effect is still much better than 1080P. Especially when the projection screen size exceeds 60 inches, the gap between the two will become obvious.

If you have a small home, you only need to project a tens of inches of screen size when purchasing a projector, so you do n’t have to buy 4K resolution projection products.

However, if you consider the cost performance, the price of BenQ W1700M is twice that of BenQ W1120. If you choose W1120, the money saved can be equipped with a good curtain and sound equipment. The effect I think will be better than simply buying a BenQ W1700M. The effect is better, what do you think?

Secondly, there is the problem of film sources. 4K film sources are relatively few. Most mainstream film sources are still 1080P. If you can solve the problem of film sources, then 4K projectors are useful, otherwise choose 1080P More cost-effective.

Dramaqueen

To be honest, it makes no difference if you watch it up close, the effect is similar, but it sounds like 4K is very big.
Of course, if you are willing to spend money to buy a good data cable, decoder, player, source estimate is different, but expensive