Bioshock Collection: the 3 games are available in 4K 60 fps on Xbox One X

Bread Pitt

Released in September 2016, Bioshock: The Collection was until now a somewhat shy next-gen compilation of the original games released on Xbox 360. Arrival before the Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro, the differences on screen n were not extraordinary.

Bioshock Collection

Bioshock Collection

Revisit Rapture and Columbia to rediscover BioShock, the phenomenally successful franchise, masterfully remastered in 1080p. BioShock: The Collection brings together all of the solo content from BioShock, BioShock 2 and BioShock Infinite, as well as all of the additional solo content, the "Columbia's Best" pack, and a commented version by Ken Levine and Shawn Robertson, Imagining BioShock.

While the game was released recently on Nintendo Switch alongside XCOM 2 and Borderlands Legendary Collection, we discovered that the 3 Bioshock games had just received an Xbox One X patch. Until now limited to 1080p, the 3 games are now playable in 4K at 60 fps on the Microsoft console. Regularly available on promotion on the Microsoft Store, it is a very good opportunity to discover (or rediscover) three excellent games.

Dramaqueen

I am not aware of the latest advances in terms of image quality, to tell you the truth, I have a 4K screen paid cheap (A nice promo -60%) but I could not tell you if it is HD, UHD 4K ++ evolution 2 or more, so I'll describe the features displayed for this game on the xbox store. FYI, I bought the trilogy when it was like they say "improved Xbox".

So here are the features described on the version I have: Single player - HDR10 - 4K Ultra HD - Xbox live success - Xbox live presence - Xbox Live clubs - Xbox Live cloud recordings - Xbox One X improved.

I think I remember that 4K Ultra HD is at 2160p, so I have the impression that it is the current collection which benefits from this update, and that it is not a separately marketed version which will have exclusivity. Well, of course, not being as warned as our friends from Xboxygen on this subject, I hope they can confirm my statements.

Good day to you, I hope this info will help you a little. In any case, it is a very nice collection. I mainly played Bioshock Infinite and this game remains for me one of the most beautiful video-game experiences I have played. I'm going to do it again quickly and see what happens.

Good day to all

Little additional info: I just relaunched the game, there is no choice option as to the quality of the image in the menus. Info displayed on the image by the television: 3840x2160P - 60Hz.

Bread Pitt

I am not aware of the latest advances in terms of image quality, to tell you the truth, I have a 4K screen paid cheap (A nice promo -60%) but I could not tell you if it is HD, UHD 4K ++ evolution 2 or more, so I'll describe the features displayed for this game on the xbox store. FYI, I bought the trilogy when it was like they say "improved Xbox".

So here are the features described on the version I have: Single player - HDR10 - 4K Ultra HD - Xbox live success - Xbox live presence - Xbox Live clubs - Xbox Live cloud recordings - Xbox One X improved.

I think I remember that 4K Ultra HD is at 2160p, so I have the impression that it is the current collection which benefits from this update, and that it is not a separately marketed version which will have exclusivity. Well, of course, not being as warned as our friends from Xboxygen on this subject, I hope they can confirm my statements.

Good day to you, I hope this info will help you a little. In any case, it is a very nice collection. I mainly played Bioshock Infinite and this game remains for me one of the most beautiful video-game experiences I have played. I'm going to do it again quickly and see what happens.

Good day to all

Little additional info: I just relaunched the game, there is no choice option as to the quality of the image in the menus. Info displayed on the image by the television: 3840x2160P - 60Hz.

Ok thank you for the very nice answers .

my favorite is Infinite too, even if I love the first with its incredible atmosphere