Can I play games on the projector?

PLAY GAME

Is it possible to connect PS4, XBOX and other game consoles to a home projector? Can I play games on the projector?

RickyT

My answer is that you can use the projector to play games. Other aspects are acceptable, the most important is the delay problem. In imaging, the projector needs to reconstruct the color of the picture, some are reconstructed through the color wheel, and some are reconstructed through the beam splitter and filter, which is the main reason for the delay.

Through the test, even the high-configuration home projector, the delay is at least 30-60 milliseconds.

If we are playing a stand-alone game that requires less delay, connect to Xbox, ps5, switch, etc., so that the delay will not have a high impact and you can use it with confidence.

If it is a MOBA game, that is, LOL, Dota2, and the like, the final delay will reach more than 200 milliseconds, and there will be a more obvious sense of operation delay when moving the knife.

If the FPS game requires the highest latency, such as PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, CSGO, Crossing Fire, etc., during the operation process, the enemy will kill you as soon as you find the enemy, and you will be so angry that you throw the handle.

If you are playing immersive plot games like Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Detroit Becomes Human, these games do not require high latency, and are basically the same as watching movies. The shocking effect brought by the large screen of the projector is unparalleled.

Finally, if you want to use wireless projection to play games such as Honor of Kings, the projected picture will have a significant delay, and there will be obvious freezes, and it will not be able to play normally.

Therefore, there are many restrictions on using the projector to play games, and the most suitable one is the stand-alone game.