Dracula (2020) Review: A huge mess since the first episode begins

waterloo

The first episode of Dracula begins and scrupulously follows the book, what a treat. And at some point the Dracula story moves away and becomes original. A daring bias but which works so well the scenario surprised me (precisely because I know the book) but in good. A truly dark atmosphere, a very dark side really assumed, in short, pleasure.

Dracula (2020)
1590390234674.png

The second episode follows and again a real treat. I had not imagined at all that this episode would focus on a part of the book which is only little developed but still it works. Crazy atmosphere, superb decor and what an end! Still very surprised.

When watching the third and last episode I tell myself that it will be dantesque and patatra! I hang on for ten minutes and after all is nothing. The episode becomes a two-ball netflix teen series. A rather bitter disappointment.

Watch the first two episodes, they're deadly. Never start the third.
I note series 5 for the quality of the first two. If the third was as good it was an 8.

Throughout episode 3, I said to myself: it's not logical, it lacks consistency, it lacks interest. But why not, if it's done well or if it is useful for something. let's see where it leads and when the outcome comes .. big disappointment. I wonder how can we get lost at this point ..