Hisense H9G Reiview: Awesome TV! But these cons still matter

Tyler123

I've been waiting for about 6 weeks for someone to have this Hisense H9G in stock and was fortunate enough to check Amazon at the right time and was able to order Hisense H9G. This Hisense H9G 4K UHD TV has an amazing picture and the specs cannot be beaten at its price point.

Hisense H9G 4K UHD TV

Mounting TypeTable Mount
BrandHisense
Resolution4K
Refresh Rate
120 Hz
Product Dimensions48.5 x 3.9 x 28.2 inches
Item Weight38.1 pounds
ConnectionsWireless, Bluetooth, Ethernet, HDMI
Speaker Type Built-In
Date First Available April 22, 2020

*UPDATE: I found out how to pair the remote with the TV as a bluetooth remote and now it works great!

The Hisense H9G package did arrive pretty beat up with a couple of rips, tears, and holes in it. I was concerned when unboxing Hisense H9G because 1 of the 4 security clips that keeps the lid of the box attached to the bottom of the box was missing and there was about a 3" x 2" hole where it was supposed to be that I could see the Hisense H9G TV screen through and easily put my finger in and touch the screen. Fortunately, the screen looked fine when I got the Hisense H9G TV out of the box.

The plastic covering the Hisense H9G in the box was ripped halfway across on top, one of the hard plastic protectors that runs down the edge of the Hisense H9G screen wasn't attached, and one of the two cord guides that clip to the back of the Hisense H9G TV was broken off and I started wondering if I'd received a returned product. Thankfully, the performance of the Hisense H9G TV has been great, though the quality of the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. I would highly recommend this Hisense H9G TV, but don't be surprised if you receive it with packaging issues that could lead to damage in shipping.

Hisense H9G 4K UHD TV Pros

- Fantastic picture, awesome colors
- Extremely nice sound for a television
- Good brightness and reflection handling
- All basic function works well

Hisense H9G 4K UHD TV Cons

- No HDMI 2.1/VRR/ALLM
- Plex is not updating on Hisense H9G, although it works fine for now, it could be an issue in the future.
- In fact, Remote feels cheap. It's not very responsive and you have to make sure you have a direct line of sight and you're pointed directly at the remote sensor on the TV or it won't work. I've been using a Fire TV stick for awhile on the TV this one replaced and going from that remote control to the Hisense remote control feels like stepping 15 years back in time.
- After a recent update, there are 4 yellow lights at the bottom of the screen that don't turn off. I believe this is because I have the far field voice/mic turned off but it's silly that there currently is no way I'm aware of to otherwise turn these lights off. Hopefully this is fixed with another update.

Wyatt21

Really wanted to like this Hisense H9G and almost preordered one last night. But the lack of HDMI 2.1 is a deal breaker, as i want 4k/120 gaming in the future on the upcoming ps5/ series x consoles.

TV looks phenomenal and has most of the features I need. Almost the perfect alternative to an OLED.

Amnesia

This year, prices are the lowest its ever been for a new Oled. This and next year are the time to buy OLeDS, probably this year so you can get on those new consoles XD