Hope Gap is more suitable from the point of view of female movie

bigapple

Hope Gap is more suitable from the point of view of female movie

About marriage, family, life meaningful sketch, elegant but explosive, the golden globe after the vicissitudes of life and the corresponding courage.

'Hope Gap,' written and directed by 'Les Miserables' writer William Nicholson, is an adaptation of his own Broadway play that portrays a delicate family dilemma as a mother, father and son interact.

First of all, Hope Gap is about a series of unhappy old couples. The wife is capricious and aggressive, and the husband's helplessness and indifference make the wife furious. I thought it was another quarrel in ordinary days, but I did not know that my husband had already made up his mind to divorce and set up a family with his lover. The son came home from London and was forced between his parents, and he understood that their difficulties were all the more difficult.

"Hope Gap" is not like "Marriage Story" full of explosive points, even quarrel have passion, but it is an appropriate description of the mature Marriage that is both tacit and tired of the myriad threads. The tone of the movie is slow, and even though there are a lot of lines, there is a quiet atmosphere, presenting the confusion of "the heart is dead, but the person is still alive".

In the movie, when xiao SAN was questioned by the emperor about interfering in other people's families, she choked back, "there were originally three unhappy people, but after I was with him, there was only one unhappy person." It seems sharp and hurtful, but it also reveals that marriage without love is just a cage.

The heroine is the editor of the poetry anthology. She has come up with many pertinent, clever and exciting beautiful words and sentences, which give the appearance of the film as a literary film and become the solution of the theme of marriage and life throughout the film. In contrast, the role of the father is passive and flat. The film could have been a dialectic for the lives of three people, but the overwhelming presence of the mother changes the film's attributes and makes it more suitable for the perspective of female films.