How loud is BenQ W2700 Fan Noise? How the fan noise compares to W1070?

radiogaga

How loud is BenQ W2700 Fan Noise? As the 2019 flagship of BenQ 4K DLP projectors, the BenQ W2700 is highly recommended by media and shopping stores. In the official configuration description, the BenQ W2700 fan noise is about 32db - which seems an acceptable number. However, is that a reliable figure in real use? Let us take a look at what the BenQ W2700 users' words:

In the famous avforum, member "Mallardo" said: The BenQ W2700 fan noise is [driving him crazy], and he didn't know how people can live with that level of noise.

How the BenQ W2700 fan noise compares to W1070?

Another user of BenQ W2700 held the same point of view: the sound is too loud in both normal and eco modes. And he mentioned another info that worth noticing: How the BenQ W2700 fan noise compares to W1070? - just the same. That is to say, one if the most serious problem in their popular model stays still.

If you do some searching online, you'll find many users indicate that the BenQ W2700 Fan Noise is much louder than the 1070:

David (from twitter): It definitely has a fair bit more noise than the 1070 though unless you put it on silent mode
Daveb (avsforum): As long as operating noise isn't a killer for you, I'd expect that you'd find the W2700 slightly better overall.
hunter(reddit): ...(a detailed test of the excellent image of BenQ W2700)That and the fan noise really is taking the shine off this projector.

So, are all BenQ fan noise loud?

We havn't tested all of the BenQ projector models, as for now, what we need to know is that at least BenQ does not good enough in fan noise controlling, if you pull the trigger, it means you may have to accept a level of 40db. In the room it will be noticeable, but when your movies or other streaming contents going on, the fan noise might fade into the background, and after weeks, you can get used to it.

It's not that loud. General sound of the average movie would make it unnoticeable. I use mine with headphones, so can't hear it at all.

ashley

I have a BenQ 2050, and I sit about 4-5 feet from it. The fan ramps up when starting, but soon autoregulates to barely perceptable, even when I'm playing a film at low volume because I'm insomniac and don't want to disturb apartment neighbors at 2 AM. The TK800 has the same case volume as the 2050, so I'd expect a similar internal physical design (with of course the exception of the 4K DLP chip and faster video processing to handle the resolution)

Having read a bunch of projector reviews in the $500-$1100 range before making my purchase, the best with sound level measurements, there does appear to be some patterns. Recent Optomas are class leaders for fan noise, BenQs ranking second, and both in turn are quieter than comparable Viewsonics or Epsons. Personally, I chose the BenQ because of its combination of a relatively quiet (if not the best) fan noise with a RGBRGB color wheel.

akagi1945

Thanks for letting me know! Benq seems to have everything I’m looking for. There shouldn’t be much of a difference picture quality wise between the TK800 and the Optoma UHD60 and the the fact that the TK800 has 3D is a major selling point for me.

geoi30i3

BenQ projectors also employ Eco Mode if you want an even quieter environment. The mode lowers sound to 26dB-28dB by slowing down fans and even works with HDR content at slightly lower brightness levels, so keep that in mind. Looking at a couple of specific models, the 4K HT5550/W5700 operates at 26dB-32dB while the bestselling 4K HT3550/W2700 and TK850 both output 28dB-30dB. By all industry standards and compared to other entertainment devices such as PCs and even game consoles, those sound levels are very reasonable and non-disruptive.

How loud is BenQ W2700 Fan Noise