Knives Out (2019) analysis: The chess dialogue is profound

Xmint

With the last scene: Marta calmly drank coffee, Myhouse was printed on the cup, and the family looked up at her. This absurd and humorous suspense movie is over.

Knives Out

Knives Out

It is suspicious reasoning. In fact, the answer has been revealed in the 35-minute game. A close-up of two injections, and Haran said with a dagger: "Until he can no longer tell, this is a prop for acting."

Analyze this sentence. Looking at the overall situation, Harlan modified his will a week before his death. He found Ranson and told him the content of the will only. He knew Ranson very well-"Confident, stupid, living in a greenhouse, taking life as a game, but not Bear the consequences."

Knives Out

Knives Out

After the injection, Harlan smiled and said that if someone changed the two drugs, he would die. His mentality at this moment, I think he knows all the truth. He guessed that Lanson would know that he would not be able to live in the greenhouse after knowing his will, and he must start with him. This game will make Ranson understand that there are consequences for doing things, and can also make other members of the family more awake. Instead of fighting for power like Qi Huangong's sons, his father's body had rotted before someone could collect it. He used death to make up for his guilt for the family, really a great person.

Knives Out

Knives Out

At the end, the accuracy of this sentence was also verified. When Lanson tried to kill Marta, he could not tell that he was only a prop knife, and the pavement was just right, which made people laugh.

Another conversation I care about is playing chess. When Marta plays chess, she doesn't like the layout, but puts on beautiful patterns, but she can always win. While Lanson is sharp and confident, Harlan said that Lanson played chess without Marta. And the whole story is also like a chess game. Marta's way of doing things is kind and has no intentions. Even with careful calculations, Lanson was eventually defeated. This is also a metaphor.

Knives Out

Knives Out

I watched Knives Out several times. Although the ending is not like I expected, I still think it is a good movie.