LG B9 OLED TV 65' Review: what's its advantage compare to SONY model

waterloo

The advantages of OLED TVs, such as LG B9 OLED are pure black, excellent contrast, clear colors, low latency, fast response speed, less smearing, etc., have basically been said to be bad, regardless of whether you have never used OLED TVs. When I looked at the LG B6 a few years ago, I discovered two shortcomings. One is that the dark screen is dead, and the details of the dark part are seriously lost; the other is that the dark scene has vertical stripes.

After getting LG B9 OLED this time, I am glad to find that both of these problems have improved in LG B9 OLED. The first is that the dark-field streaks have disappeared, and multiple test scenarios have not been seen. In addition, the dark part of the dark part has been improved. The brightness of LG B9 OLED is the highest and does not affect the color. At 60 brightness of LG B9 OLED, the 256-level grayscale test chart below 30 is still dark and indistinguishable, but it is clearly visible from 30 to 255. It is at a high level. If the brightness is adjusted to 76, the 256-level gray scale is all visible, but the color attenuation is severe, which makes no sense. I heard that the LG C9 and SONY A8 / 9G can see all the 256-level gray scales. Due to the rush in the store, I could not make a detailed measurement, and I do n’t know if I lost the color.

Regarding SONY A8G, A9G, LG B9, and C9, these four TVs are put together, and no obvious difference can be felt within one hour of viewing time-under the premise of pulling back the greenish ancestry of LG B9 OLED / C9 ancestry. If you look closely, you will find that although they are also LG panels, SONY's OLED tuning is more focused on the monitor style, the colors are accurate and light, and the details are rich. More in line with the perception of most ordinary people, but the details are not as good as SONY. Among them, the details of A9G are more abundant than A8G, C9 is more abundant than B9, but the color is faint than B9. Although I want to like SONY's monitor style, on OLED, SONY's tuning is more like an LCD, and LG's tuning retains more of WOLED's style and has a plasma feel. Therefore, as a plasma enthusiast, it is difficult to reject the perception of B9. This time, A Hong has no support for faith.

LG B9 OLED TV 65' Review: what's its advantage compare to SONY model

Just put a few screen shots below, you can see the difference with LCD. Wide color gamutThe color of the LCD is only full-screen, and the color of the non-wide-color LCD is only full-screen. However, OLED can have different colors on the same screen, and the contrast is very strong. This is also where OLED and plasma are similar.

The LG B9 OLED in the picture has been adjusted with reference to the AB comparison of Rtings evaluation and professional display, and the performance of non-B8 in the factory state.