Marantz SR 2020 series HDMI 2.1 / Xbox Series X and PS5 compatible amplifiers

Venus

If the arrival of new consoles turns the little world of video games upside down, it also has an impact on that of multimedia in general. Indeed, the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 will be HDMI 2.1 compatible. This standard allows in particular to broadcast in 4K at 120 Hz and also incorporates the VRR ( FreeSync and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate). Auto Low Latency Mode and other nonsense of the genre. To take advantage of these features, you will need a compatible TV, but that's not all. If your installation incorporates a home cinema system, you will need to equip yourself with an amplifier capable of processing the signal correctly. In fact, you could in spite of yourself "curb" the performance of your console with a device limited to HDMI 2.0 in gateway.

Marantz SR 2020 series HDMI 2.1 / Xbox Series X and PS5 compatible amplifiers

The Denon brand recently announced a full range of HDMI 2.1 compatible amplifiers and today it's Marantz's turn to lift the veil on its products intended for gamers. The audio giant has indeed presented its SR 2020 series. In the program, 4 HDMI 2.1 compatible references will therefore be in the catalog of the Japanese brand, of which you can find the details below.

Thanks to 4K / 120 Hz pass through technology, variable refresh rate (VRR), automatic low latency mode (ALLM) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), experience gaming sensations with amazing images and delay reduced.

References and main features:

Marantz SR5015 - £899/899 Euros (available in September)

• 7.2-channel 8K AV receiver (180W per channel)
  • 4K / 120 Hz and 8K 60 Hz
  • Compatible VRR, ALLM, QFT, eARC (Dolby Atmos, DTS: X)
  • Supports HDR 10, HDR 10+, Dolby Vison and HLG
Marantz SR6015 - £1149/1,199 Euros (available in September)

• 9.2-channel 8K AV receiver (185W per channel)
Marantz SR7015 - £1,599/1,699 Euros (available in August)

• 9.2-channel 8K AV receiver (200W per channel)
Marantz SR8015 - £2,799/2,299 Euros (available in September)

• 11.2-channel 8K AV receiver (205W per channel)
  • VRR, ALLM, QFT, eARC compatible (Dolby Atmos, DTS: X Pro)
You can find the full characteristics of the products mentioned above directly on the Marantz website .

Tyler123

Too late ! I have already pre-ordered the DENON AVC-X4700H at 1500 €, as well as a complete pack of Focal Chora 5.1.2 (+ 2 Focal Dôme for Atmos effects) Good at the same time Marantz and DENON it's the same group eh ^^ Can't wait to hear the result, it will change me from my little 5.1 while a Sony from 12 years ago but with which I am still quite satisfied. The new generation promises a lot and it encourages to develop all its gear to take full advantage of it.;-)