My Zoe is a family and moral pull

Lennon

Julie Delpy wrote, directed and acted in My Zoe, a 2019 feature film. The story is about isabelle, a genetic scientist, who is raising her daughter zoe with her ex-husband. Some day, zoe in the morning unconscious, sent to the hospital after sentencing brain death, broken hearted Isabel decided to find a famous artificial reproduction expert, the use of science and technology to bring back zoe.

My Zoe

The film is written, directed and acted by Julie Delpy, the actress of the series "Before Midnight", which USES the color of science fiction to package the theme of family love and dialectics the bottom limit of family love and morality. With the child's accident, open organ donation, artificial reproduction, surrogate motherhood and other issues. The heroine is faced with many choices and risks of being scolded and she firmly believes that people's preferences, habits and appearance are encoded in genes. As long as the daughter is copied, she can continue her maternal love and enjoy the child alone. However, the child also has half of the father's genes, so doesn't he have parental rights over the cloned daughter?

Julie Delpy wrote, directed and stars in My Zoe, a film about a grieving mother who does everything she can to bring her dead child back to life.
My Zoe.

When it comes to the subject matter of replicators, the audience can't help but make a big fork in their heart; But the focus of the film is not the human nature and medical ethics under the cold technological progress, but the use of a lot of children and mothers get along, the elderly maternal pregnancy surface show joy and other fragments, let us give sympathy to the mother who is lost in grief, and understand why the doctor took the risk of escaping to the ends of the earth to assist the heroine.

Even if they can't agree with Isabel's behavior, the audience can empathize with a mother's efforts to reverse the situation in anger, guilt, and bargaining.

Last edited: