Nabarvené ptáče (The painted bird 2019) a Vaclav Marhall's movie review

akagi1945

Coincidentally, I just watched the same full-color black and white "Beacon", the same monotone color, the same dark depression, but this time the story is more true. This person is very slow to watch subtitles. It is rare that this movie finally made me wait for subtitles. There are few dialogues in the last three hours. Long, black-and-white images challenge the bottom line of human nature. If the box office as a commercial movie is particularly bleak, but who knows where the bottom line of human nature is, or whether there is a bottom line.

The little boy who was poisoned by the war is the defiled bird. The war exposes the most venomous side of humanity to us, and loses the constraints of the laws and rules of the peaceful era. The child became the poorest bird. Even in times of peace, how many evils are going to move around in the dark corners, so please protect your children.

The little boy is used to darkness
What impressed me most was that the little boy was lying on the rails, and trains passed slowly from above, suddenly bright and dark, he would laugh in the shadow, he would frown in the sun, and at that moment he was Accustomed to darkness, when he had experienced brutality and pain, he began to revolt silently, perhaps initially to end the suffering, but eventually turned into a perpetrator unconsciously.

Last edited:

akagi1945

The sound of opening tissues one after another in the audience, but I did not drop a tear. I may be more numb to the evils of human nature and more sensitive to the evils of the system. Therefore, I would cry when watching videos of Hong Kong people meeting and singing together. I disagree with some people who said that war alienated human nature. I think at least in this work, the evil of human nature is not directly related to war. Even if there is no war, every kind of evil in every story of the film is not. Will decay.