Rick and Morty Season 4 is fabulous and less important in terms of racial discrimination

Stefani

Ricky has encountered the parallel time of advocating nazism in his reincarnation. The first one on the right is the American President who appeared in the last season. In this parallel time, the United States turned to nazism and destroyed China. Black President, this is the normal operation, little irony, hard to understand the irony in the back.

Finally, Ricky was reincarnated into a non-nazi wasp human space and time. Why not a Nazi or a wasp? WASP also refers to "white Anglo-Saxon protestants, the dominant group in American society, since colonial times," the upper class, and a leading supporter of the republican party. It's ironic that the hornet family eats with such cruelty and decorum. The wasps of history, although not as much engaged in ethnic cleansing as the nazis, were no less important in terms of racial discrimination.

Wow. Rick and Morty Season 4 didn't pull any punches. Its fast-paced exploration of central mechanics is some of the most hectic storytelling we've seen so far.

Morty's story is definitely the more fascinating one, the death crystal concept is ingenious and so is its application. This is made all the sweeter by the harsh but hilarious post-credits scene that completely changes how you view the episode. Rick's adventures in different realities is fun too, if a little of a tired concept by this point. I particularly enjoyed the scene at the dining table in the wasp reality. The meta-commentary was great fun too.

Rick and Morty Season 4

Rick and Morty Season 4

Although there were a few moments I laughed due to a well set-up moment of clever humour, some of the other jokes did fall flat. I think this is the only real weakness of the episode. Even then though, the sheer absurdity of it all makes it memorable in itself.

Anyway, Rick And Morty Season 4 is still my thing.

Last edited: