Shall I buy HTC Vive Cosmos VR glasses?

PeterWint

Since the popularity of the VR market in 2016, countless technology giants have already invested heavily in this VR track that is likely to become a necessity in the future. If you want to ask, who is the best performer in VR today, many people may blurt out: HTC. The popularity of the movie Ready Player One last year has really boosted HTC's popularity in the industry. Suggestions I haven't seen in this movie have a look. The cleanliness and picture are very good. Ready Player One is not a 2-hour VR movie, but this movie uses HTC Vive related VR products in the filming process.

Shall I buy HTC Vive Cosmos VR glasses?

HTC Vive CE and Vive Pro two flagship VR devices let everyone see the huge progress of VR games compared to ordinary games, but the top price in this industry, the cumbersome and complicated installation method and the inconvenience of disassembly and wearing are still Many players are discouraged. As a result, HTC launched the third-generation VR flagship HTC Vive Cosmos, priced at only 5,899 yuan. The price is more competitive, but it is still very expensive for many small partners. Improvement is not too late.

One of the strangest things to me is that there is no base station accessory in the HTC Vive cosmos package. It turned out that she replaced the base station with multiple camera sensors on the headset, and used multiple cameras to collect the surrounding space information into a 3D scene.

In terms of appearance, compared to the previous two generations of flagship VR, HTC Vive Cosmos overall feels more and more cyberpunk.

HTC Vive Cosmos supports flip-up operation. If an emergency call suddenly comes during a VR game, we only need to move Cosmos up to leave the virtual gaming environment without removing the headset. We can continue the game with the next display.

It is estimated that 9 of the 10 HTC purchases are for games. Now the Viveport platform has a very rich number of VR games. I tried "Audio Trip" in my actual experience. At present, there is still no game on the Viveport platform that can be as phenomenal as the Nintendo Switch's Animal Crossing and Zelda, the Sony PS series of Ares, and Microsoft’s Xbox Aura.