The Hunt Review: Anti-climax in the killing game

Gene

The Hunt Review: Anti-climax in the killing game

While "The Hunt" has become a familiar theme in recent episodes like "The Purge: Anarchy," in which society roars through The city hunting down civilians in a warehouse, The exhilaration of a game in which The victim is killed in reverse deserves a cult following.

At the beginning of the "The Hunt", there are already several deliberate anti-climax, making people wonder who is the real protagonist? Which character will the audience focus on? I won't reveal the plot here. Why was it chosen to be a commoner? Is hunting game the abnormal hobby of pure rich guy? All this is left to the audience, but at least the film will give an explanation, not to kill people for no reason at all, though whether the audience accepts this explanation or not is another matter.

Betty Gilpin's character (the real heroine) is unique in this kind of murderous Cult film, and her performance is remarkable. She's not a "flower vase" or a hard-core heroine, but a neurotic but observant person whose background is vague but whose cult film doesn't force too much interpretation, which is probably reasonable enough for me.

Overall, no expectations, no disappointments, and "The Hunt" even makes me surprised. There's no need to take the Cult too seriously. At least I don't have to be screaming in my heart that I need to be online or on the run.