Xbox Games Showcase Game List: Microsoft's most sincere game conference

XboxSeriesX

The big Xbox conference for July is now over. New Xbox Series X games were unveiled and announced this Thursday, July 23. If you were unable to follow the conference live, the summary is now available below. The Xbox Series X console has been public for nearly half a year, but until today, Microsoft has held a good next-generation game launch event.

This has something to do with the warm-up rhythm. For example, in May, Microsoft also hosted a small live broadcast of 'Inside Xbox', but due to the lack of content, the so-called next-generation demo was just some trailer clips, which led to repercussions.

At this point, Microsoft can still leave behind the "console pricing", but in terms of content, there is no need to conceal it.
Xbox Games Showcase Replay: Features & Highlights

On July 23, Microsoft contributed a press conference with the most content and excitement for Xbox players so far this year.

Including the works of Microsoft First Party Studios, there are 22 games in total, which will be unveiled within one hour.

1. "Halo: Infinite"

The opening was led by a new trailer for "Halo: Infinite", and a 9-minute real-machine demonstration was released at the same time, which showed many different mechanisms from the previous ones.

From the perspective of the map structure, this game also incorporates some semi-open world shadows, and players can decide the order of completing tasks by themselves.

The game will be released in the winter of 2020. In addition to landing on the next-generation console Xbox Series X, it will also land on Xbox One and PC, and enter Microsoft's subscription service Xbox Game Pass (hereinafter referred to as XGP).

2. " State of Decay 3"

" State of Decay 3" announced a trailer, the theme is still zombies, but this work is still in the state of development, has not yet announced the release date.

3. "Forza Motorsport"

The latest official announcement of Microsoft's racing game series "Forza Motorsport": "Forza Motorsport Motosport", will achieve 4K/60 frames for the next-generation platform, and there is still no release date.

4. "Everwild"

"Everwild", a game inspired by real natural beauty developed by Rare Studio.

5. "Tell Me Why"

A new work developed by "Life is Strange" studio Dontnod, adopts a chapter-style release method. The first chapter of the story will be launched on August 27.

6. "Ori and the Will of the Wisps"

The already-marketed "Ori and the Will of the Wisps" released a preview of the Xbox Series X version and announced that this work will be optimized for the next-generation platform to support 4K/120 frames.

7. "Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon"

Obsidian Studios' masterpiece "Outer World" last year will launch the story DLC "Fruit Root Danger" on September 9. Players can advance the plot on the new Fruit Root planet and will add a series of new weapons and new equipment.

8. "Grounded"

It is a multiplayer cooperative survival game developed by Obsidian. Players will become villains like ants and explore the grass in their backyard. This will be launched on July 28.

9. "Avowed"

also developed by Obsidian Studio, is positioned as a first-person RPG game in the background of a fantasy world. It is full of "old taste" and it is reported that it will use the world view of the Eternal Pillar.

10. "As Dusk Falls"

As Dusk Falls, an original interactive plot game developed by INTERIOR/NIGHT studio.

11. "Hellblade 2"

came out on the spot, but no new information was announced. Dom Matthews, the director of the Ninja Theory Studio responsible for the development, revealed that part of the material collection for this game was carried out in Iceland. By then, you should see and Scenes related to Iceland.

12. "Psychonauts 2"

an action adventure game developed by Double Fine, is the sequel to "Brain Navigator" released in 2005.

13. "Destiny 2"

The latest DLC will land on XGP in September, and will be optimized for 4K/60 frames for next-generation platforms.

14. "Stalker 2"

The new trailer for "Stalker 2", the latest work of the well-known first-person shooter series "Stalker", will be released in 2021.

15. "Warhammer: 40,000: Darktide"

The latest work in the "Warhammer" series, "Warhammer 40K: Kuroshio", should be a four-player co-op shooter from the teaser.

16. "Tetris Effect: Connected"

the star work of the PS4 platform in 2018, the new work will add local and online multiplayer modes on the previous basis, and will be released in the winter of 2020.

17. "The Gunk"

the new work of "Steam World" developer Thunderful Publishing, but the art style is very different from the studio's previous works, and still contains many puzzle-solving elements.

18. "The Medium"

created by Bloober Team, the concept of dual space exploration shown in the trailer is very interesting.

19. "Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis"

An online multiplayer game owned by Sega, is expected to be available in 2021.

20. "Crossfire X"

The new trailer of "Cross Fire X" has also inserted some real machine screen demonstrations, which looks good and has won praise from many domestic players (after all, it is a mouse dream of 300 million people).

21."Fable"

"Fable" restarted as the finale of this conference. This game will be created by Playground Games, but currently there is only one Logo and no release date.

It is worth mentioning that Xbox Director Phil Spencer said that all the demo works in this conference will be added to the XGP content library on the day of the work’s sale.

In other words, as long as you are a member of XGP, you don't need to spend extra money to buy these games. Even if you have a Windows 10 computer with a good configuration, you can enjoy most of the games without buying a new Microsoft console.

This is probably the biggest difference between Microsoft and Sony in terms of next-generation game strategy.

But this is indeed a very challenging thing. From this perspective, Microsoft will invest heavily in the acquisition of various studios, make cross-PC, cross-generational game compatibility, and vigorously develop XGP, xCloud cloud services, etc., in fact, are all for the'Xbox ecology' envisioned by Microsoft.

At this moment, what Microsoft is really doing is no longer a simple console business. As Phil Spencer said, Microsoft is trying to create an'Xbox-centric ecosystem', as long as you can buy Xbox games , Then you are the target user of Xbox no matter whether you are on the console, PC or mobile phone tablet.

Microsoft is betting on a future, a future that truly belongs to the post-host era. As a manufacturer that dares to break the status quo, I still hope that Xbox can go further.

Last edited:

reality

Get fucking hyped!

All the games shown are also on the Xbox One and it’s definitely cheaper to buy one of those (pardon the pun) than a next-gen console.

EmmaStone

These 15+ Games From July's Show Will Be Playable With Xbox Game Pass
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Avowed
  • Destiny 2
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Everwild
  • Fable
  • Forza Motorsport for Xbox Series X
  • Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga
  • Halo Infinite
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps for Xbox Series X
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Stalker 2
  • State of Decay 3
  • Tell Me Why
  • Tetris Effect
  • The Gunk
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

EmmaStone

I don’t think the games they showed are bad , far from it in many cases but the actual presentation lacks showmanship and isn’t well presented.

I would have liked to see less games/trailers with more a in-depth focus on them. Tell me what the difference will be between Halo on Xbox One v Series X etc..

Hellblade devs do good behind the scenes documentary work, show me a little of that in this presentation, don’t tell me to go to YouTube and find it!

I would give this a 6/10 overall. Losing marks for poor presentation and not as much actual gameplay for games releasing this year.

Wyatt21

Just watched the conference and I gotta say I’m disappointed.

Was thinking of getting the series X and PS5, looks like it’s gonna be a PS flex this year. Microsoft really dropped the ball on this.

Nike Kidman

Just watched the conference and I gotta say I’m disappointed.

Was thinking of getting the series X and PS5, looks like it’s gonna be a PS flex this year. Microsoft really dropped the ball on this.
exact same thoughts man. Im begging xbox to give me a single reason to get their console over the ps5 but they just dont have anything special to offer.

Xbox Games Showcase Games List
GameRelease dateSupportsXbox Game PassExclusivity
As Dusk FallsNCNCYesNC
AvowedNCXbox Series X and PCYesYes
Balan WonderworldSummer 2021Xbox One, Series X and PCYesNo
Crossfire X2020Xbox One and Series X - Exclusive Launch ConsoleYesTemporary
Destiny 2: Beyond Light2020Xbox One, Series X and PCYesNo
Dragon Quest XI SDecember 2020Xbox One and Series XYesNo
Echo Generation2021Xbox One, Series X and PCYesNo
EverwildNCXbox Series X and PCYesYes
Exomecha2021Xbox One and Series XYesNo
FableNCNCYesYes
Phantasy Star Online 2: New GenesisSummer 2021Xbox One, Series X and PC - Exclusive Launch ConsoleYesTemporary
Forza MotorsportNCXbox Series X and PCYesYes
GroundedJuly 28Xbox One, Series X and PCYesYes
The GunkSeptember 2021Xbox One, Series X and PC - Exclusive Launch ConsoleYesTemporary
Halo InfiniteEnd of 2020Xbox One, Series X and PCYesYes
Hellblade 2NCXbox Series XYesYes
Hello Neighbor 2NCXbox One and Series XYesNC
The MediumNCXbox Series X - Exclusive Launch ConsoleYesTemporary
Tetris Effect ConnectedEnd of 2020Xbox One, Series X and PC - Exclusive Launch ConsoleYesTemporary
The Outer Worlds - Peril on GorgonSeptember 9, 2020Xbox One, Series X and PCYesNo
Ori and the will of the whispsNCXbox Series XYesYes
Psychonauts 22021Xbox One, Series X and PCYesNo
State of Decay 3NCNCYesYes
STALKER 2NCXbox Series X and PC - Exclusive Launch ConsoleYesTemporary
Tell me whyAugust 27Xbox One, Series X and PCYesNC
Warhammer 40,000 Darktide2021Xbox Series X and PC - Exclusive Launch ConsoleYesTemporary