XCloud FAQ: the price, games, access to console etc.

Previously reserved for certain countries, xCloud, Microsoft's Cloud Gaming service is finally arriving. As promised at the end of last year, the program is extending to new territories at the start of this year and the first registrants in Europe are currently accessing xCloud.

What is the price of xCloud?
Today xCloud is completely free. If Microsoft has already announced that the service would be part of the Xbox Game Pass, we do not yet know what will be its economic model. As it stands, you can access games and services for free.

Do I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online via xCloud?
Currently, you don't need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play your favorite games online via xCloud. There too, we will have to wait to see how the service will function when it is finally launched later.

Are games paid via xCloud?
For now, you can access all the games on xCloud completely free of charge. There is indeed no question of paying to have access to the games or even to the application itself.

Do I have access to my console backups on xCloud?
Yes, when you launch a game, the service will fetch your cloud-stored backup as it does with your Xbox One console. So you can resume your game while keeping your progress regardless of the medium.

On which platform can I download the xCloud app?
For the moment, xCloud is only available on Android smartphones via the Google Play Store. However, you can easily access the application from a TV equipped with Android TV or an Nvidia Shield or any other Android compatible multimedia box through the installation of apk.

Can I play with my account on xCloud and at the same time on my console?
No, you can only be connected to one place at a time with the same account. If you want to use your Xbox console and simultaneously play via xCloud, one of them will have to be on a different account.

Can I play my split screen games via xCloud?
While it is indeed possible to connect two controllers to the phone via Bluetooth, our tests did not allow us to play on a split screen on titles such as Halo The MasterChief Collection or Unravel Two. Whenever we wanted to press a button on the second controller, it became controller # 1. Maybe this functionality will be supported later.