BenQ W2700 unboxing and some thoughts of its desgin

Gene

BenQ typical packing box style, small and easy to carry!

BenQ W2700

The BenQ W2700 feels similar in size to the W1700 tested in 2017.

BenQ W2700

The BenQ W2700 is white in appearance, and its color matching is similar to W1700, which is an upgrade and evolution version of 1700. The fuselage top design has the sliding cover plate and the control button.

BenQ W2700

The front of the BenQ W2700 has a brushed metal panel with BenQ's LOGO on the left and a lens on the right with a lens cover.

BenQ W2700

The back of BenQ W2700 is the corresponding interface, surrounded by a layer of metal net, with loudspeakers (this design should be for those who do not have audio equipment or do not turn on the audio to follow the drama, try it out loud).

Both HDMI ports support the HDCP2.2 protocol.

BenQ W2700

There is a sliding cover at the top of the machine. When you slide off, you can see three knobs: focusing, zooming and up-down displacement adjustment (this displacement range is so small that it is equivalent to none).

The lens design is on the front panel, remember at the beginning, for the first time I saw the panel thought it was automatic lens cap, starts automatically open, shut down automatically shut down, afterwards just know this panel is fixed, burn a lot of friends are also worried about this design will shoot camera obscure the light that give out, actually this worry is redundant, but also confirmed that the computer and the map code 880, lifting, or are shorter.

The baffle in front of this lens is actually used to cover the light leakage (I debugged benq's X12000H some time ago, and the light leakage problem is really serious. It seems that benq manufacturers have done light shading on the newly released W2700 and W5700 fuselages in order to solve this problem)!

To the right of the lens is the air inlet.

BenQ W2700

The left side of the lens is the air outlet, through the fence you can see the cooling fan inside, when the machine is running, the sound of this fan is quite loud, watch a film down, touch the air outlet with your hand, it is very hot.

As with the previous W1700 test, the gap in the air outlet is so large that when the machine is not running, I wonder if any flying insects will crawl into it.

Last edited: