Dark Season 3 Review: inevitable loops

Anna

All the traversal in the Dark Season 3 is like the redemption made by each individual for the past. Everyone thought that changing the past could lead to another kind of ending, but found that all human behaviors in different time and space caused those things that were about to happen to be doomed to happen. The past "I" created the current "I", while the future "I" is constantly intervening in the current "I" to make choices.

The mechanism of space-time itself is a cage that seems to accompany randomness but cannot break its implicit rules. The past, present and future are like a loop that is constantly entangled. In this loop, the "I" at each time point is separated from the entire individual on a single time line, driven by desires and purposes at different time points.

A person's life is like a history in which his own desires in different periods have been fighting and entangled, and he has been imprisoned by himself.

At the same time, the ending of the Dark Season 3 also seems to herald the fall of dualism methodology. Since ancient times, the essential propositions of life and death, existence and nihility, reality and hypocrisy have always troubled human beings. Ironically, the methodology used by humans in pursuing these answers also tends to be dualistic. For example, science and religion, materialism and idealism, instrumental rationality and primitive desire, there is a constant struggle and debate.

If you choose one side, you are destined to lose your vision and perspective on the other side. Choosing both sides at the same time tends to trap yourself into another nihilism.

However, there seems to always be a mysterious medium and code behind all the propositions of seemingly binary relations, interweaving the hidden clues that exist between all phenomena and events, and pointing human beings in the direction of the answer.

All the plots and characters’ motives before the ending of this episode also seem to indicate that humans are struggling to find the existence of essential answers in the dualistic world, and because the defined duality rules say that humans are imprisoned by themselves. Human beings can never touch the truth they want.

The ending of the story is romantic and idealized, but humans in reality may have to linger and be imprisoned in this loop and binary rules game for the rest of their lives.

Carl B

It touches on the darkest essential contradiction of time-travel themed films, incest and bereavement. Under the parallel editing, it seems like an Oedipus-style fatal tragedy. The seventh episode is crazy. The last scene finally explained the origin of "darkness", that is, the huge nihility in the face of dark reality.

All the traversal in the Dark Season 3 is like the redemption made by each individual for the past. Everyone thought that changing the past could lead to another kind of ending, but found that all human behaviors in different time and space caused those things that were about to happen to be doomed to happen. The past "I" created the current "I", while the future "I" is constantly intervening in the current "I" to make choices.

The mechanism of space-time itself is a cage that seems to accompany randomness but cannot break its implicit rules. The past, present and future are like a loop that is constantly entangled. In this loop, the "I" at each time point is separated from the entire individual on a single time line, driven by desires and purposes at different time points.

A person's life is like a history in which his own desires in different periods have been fighting and entangled, and he has been imprisoned by himself.

At the same time, the ending of the Dark Season 3 also seems to herald the fall of dualism methodology. Since ancient times, the essential propositions of life and death, existence and nihility, reality and hypocrisy have always troubled human beings. Ironically, the methodology used by humans in pursuing these answers also tends to be dualistic. For example, science and religion, materialism and idealism, instrumental rationality and primitive desire, there is a constant struggle and debate.

If you choose one side, you are destined to lose your vision and perspective on the other side. Choosing both sides at the same time tends to trap yourself into another nihilism.

However, there seems to always be a mysterious medium and code behind all the propositions of seemingly binary relations, interweaving the hidden clues that exist between all phenomena and events, and pointing human beings in the direction of the answer.

All the plots and characters’ motives before the ending of this episode also seem to indicate that humans are struggling to find the existence of essential answers in the dualistic world, and because the defined duality rules say that humans are imprisoned by themselves. Human beings can never touch the truth they want.

The ending of the story is romantic and idealized, but humans in reality may have to linger and be imprisoned in this loop and binary rules game for the rest of their lives.
Ulrich after being abused by the police, was put into a psychiatric hospital for more than thirty years. The last shot was that he was standing in the hallway in confusion, waiting for Caterina, the old figure...Although he was a cheating bad guy, the retribution was too big, really pitiful.