Does your TV cable network port support 1000Mbps?

XLZ451

One day, I watched a TV video and found that the screen was stuck, so I went to the router to check whether the network speed was normal. Logically, the 300M network speed will not be so laggy.

It is found by accident that the WAN port and other LAN ports on the router are running at 1Gbps speed, and only the cable network port of the TV used in the exclusive use works at the speed of 100Mbps.

I checked the network cable repeatedly and confirmed that it was made according to the 586B standard. I was still worried, so I replaced other network cables, but it could only work at 100M speed.

In the end, it must be admitted that the cable network port of the TV is 10/100Mbps adaptive and cannot be upgraded to a rate of 1000M. I don't understand why the cable network port of the TV does not support 1000Mbps?

Does your TV cable network port support 1000Mbps?

buhkdh

If the home network is 200M, routing and Category 6 network cable.
The 5GHz of the router is 1300Mbps, and it is placed next to the TV.
In this case, the external network or the internal network, which is faster to connect to the cable or 5G WIFI?

Yihnd

300M theoretical network speed 37.5MB/s
500M theoretical network speed 62.5MB/s
1000M theoretical network speed 128MB/s

Formula: a few megabits of bandwidth ÷ 8≈ a few MB/s

Sunny

I bought a router with a gigabit port, why is the highest displayed on it is 100Mbps? Shouldn't there be 1000Mbps?