Epson EH-TW9400W Review: 4K isn't everything!

Celine2020

Marketing clubbing has done its job well. Thus, today in video projection everyone has only 4K in mind, sometimes forgetting the essentials. Indeed, a beautiful image is a whole: deep blacks, good contrasts, fair colors, sufficient brightness, etc. And finally the sharpness is only one component, and not necessarily the most important.

Let's take examples. When you have the budget to buy a Sony VPL-VW270ES or a JVC DLA-N5, that is to say around $ 5000 or 6000 and you have to use the projector as a living room with a white ceiling and clear walls, it would undoubtedly be more judicious to devote this money to the purchase of a screen with technical fabric, which one now often finds around $ 2000 , the whole associated with a machine more modest in style Sony VPL-HW45ES or Epson EH-TW9400 or JVC DLA-X7900. True, 4K will not be there, but I guarantee that the image would take on a whole new dimension!

1590375149401.png

Epson EH-TW9400W

Another example, I sometimes see rather catastrophic images with certain small DLP with 4K simulation. And then I tell myself that it would still be better with good Full HD machines, such as a Benq W2000, an Epson EH-TW6700 or a Sony VPL-HW45ES, because again, the sharpness does not not all !
Betting everything on image precision, favoring 4K, has never been a good solution because the depth of blacks, the contrasts and the accuracy of the colors are still more important criteria. Certainly, if you can have everything, it's even better, but when the budget is not expandable, there are priority choices to make!