Google Nest Thermostat's performance is flawless

venice123

Nest thermostat has long been a bestseller in the smart furniture market, and it has done well in every way. Nest began developing a third-generation thermostat after it was acquired by Google. The third-generation Google Nest thermostat adds a number of new features: a thinner design, a larger LCD, bluetooth support and geolocation technology, and support for amazon's Alexa.

Google Nest Thermostat

Features

What distinguishes Google Nest Thermostat from other thermostats such as Ecobee 3, Honeywell Lyric, and Lux/Geo is that its auto Thermostat will know your daily heating and cooling temperature and time during your first week, and create a timeline based on your preferences. You can tweak it in the process or create your own schedule, but it's a good option for those who don't want to bother setting the thermostat.

The Google Nest thermostat interacts with Nest's other devices, including the Nest Protect smoke/carbon monoxide alarm and Nest Cam indoor and outdoor security cameras, which you can control using Google Home and amazon Alexa voice commands, as well as If This Then That (IFTTT) commands. In addition, it works with a number of third-party devices that are part of the Nest project, including WeMo switches, haiku fans, Wink hubs, LIFX lighting, and more.

In addition to automatic scheduling, the third-generation Nest also offers the same Home/Away features as earlier models. It USES motion sensors to detect your presence, and if it thinks you're not at home, it switches to ECO mode. One of my main complaints about the original thermostat was that it switched to "leave" mode when I was in another part of the house, outside the sensor's control. In this version, the Home/Away assistant geolocation function has been added to solve this problem. If you're at home with your phone, the thermostat stays in home mode, and when you leave, it switches to Away mode.

Performance

Like the original, the third-generation thermostat is easy to install. It provides everything you need, including screwdriver and mounting screws, installation and welcome guide, and mounting base. Before dismantling my old thermostat, I took a picture of the wires and labeled them with the attached tags. I fixed the base to the wall with a built-in level to make sure it was straight and connected the red and green wires to the Rh and Rc(power supply) terminals, the white wires to the W1(heating) terminal, and the blue wires to the C(normal) terminal. I snapped the thermostat into its base and it sprang to life. Following the instructions on the screen, I selected residential (single or multiple family, condo, commercial) and heating systems (electricity, oil, propane, geothermal), configured with wi-fi Settings, connected to the Internet, and conducted a quick test to see if the heating system was turned on. Then I let the thermostat do my routine for a week.

Google Nest thermostat 's performance was flawless. Whenever I turn the temperature up or down manually or with my iPhone, it responds immediately. The automatic scheduling feature does a great job of creating a schedule that fits my daily routine, and the thermostat follows exactly that schedule. It responded to my Alexa voice commands, turned the temperature up and down without a glitch, and its far-sightedness and large screen display made it easy for me to view the thermostat in a large room. When I was in another part of the house, the Home/Away assist prevented the Google Nest thermostat from going into ECO mode, and it always switched from Home to Away and back when I left and returned Home.

Conclusion

If you liked the earlier version of Nest thermostat, you'll also like the third generation. It offers all the wisdom of its predecessors, including car dispatch and auto-away features, energy use reporting, remote management through a mobile application, and a quick and simple installation process, and it boasts some major improvements, including a larger screen and clearer resolution where you can see the entire room. It also supports geofencing to make sure it doesn't enter Away mode when you or your family is at home. Although it doesn't have remote room sensors, it works with a variety of smart home devices and IFTTT Internet services, not to mention other Nest products.