Hdmi cable connector broken what options do I have

ocada

hi so in my cinema room my hdmi cable which is routed from the ceiling down the back of the wall and presented near to my AVR equipment has bent and is no longer working at all.
re wiring it looks like a huge task which I don't think I'm going to be skilled enough to do, and obviously with the cable being behind walls and ceiling it isn't an option to rip it out and put a new cable in .

do I have any other options that aren't hugely disruptive or expensive ?

thanks in advance

Eleanor8

It sounds like you're in a bit of a tough spot with your HDMI cable issue. Fortunately, there are a few potential solutions that might help without requiring extensive rewiring:

1. HDMI Signal Booster: You could try using an HDMI signal booster or repeater. These devices amplify the HDMI signal, potentially allowing it to travel the distance without degradation, even with a damaged cable. It's a relatively inexpensive option compared to rewiring.
  2. Wireless HDMI: Another option is to go wireless with your HDMI connection. There are wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver kits available that can transmit HD signals wirelessly over short to medium distances. While this solution may involve some initial setup and cost, it could be less disruptive than rewiring.
  3. Professional Assistance: If you're not confident in your ability to handle the rewiring yourself, it might be worth consulting with a professional AV installer or electrician. They may have the expertise and tools necessary to diagnose the issue and potentially repair or replace the cable without major disruption.
  4. Temporary Workaround: In the meantime, if you have alternative sources or devices that can connect to your AVR equipment, you could use those as a temporary workaround until a more permanent solution is found. This won't solve the underlying issue but can keep your cinema room functional in the short term.
Remember to weigh the pros and cons of each option based on your budget, technical comfort level, and the extent of disruption you're willing to tolerate. Good luck with resolving your HDMI cable problem!