Help, how to get Dolby Vision on apple tv 4k?

Venus

Apple TV 4K is connected to the input (IN) 2 interface of the Sony HT-Z9F audio, and then the output (OUT) interface of the Sony HT-Z9F audio is connected to the eARC (3) interface of the Sony X9500G TV, the connection should be no problem, But strange things always happen! Let me start with my current audio and video equipment list:

1. TV: Sony X950G 55 inch
2. Audio: Sony HT-Z9F+Z9R
3. Apple TV 4K TV box
4. Two Belkin HDMI 2.1 cables (purchased on Apple's official website)

Current problems:

1. If you connect according to the above wiring method, Dolby Vision cannot be opened in the setting to which the Apple TV 4K is directly connected, prompting me-the TV has been switched to the previous format to ensure that all HDMI cables and devices you connect support Dolby Vision

2. If I connect Apple TV 4K directly to the eARC (3) interface of Sony X9500G TV, I can get Dolby Vision normally

I guess that there should be something wrong with the Z9F's audio, and I have turned on the enhanced mode in the HDMI settings in the Z9F settings, but I still can't turn on Dolby Vision.

Please help the younger brother to see what is wrong, thank you very much, thank you!

Bread Pitt

1. The Dolby Vision illuminated by apple tv is a "single layer" Dolby Vision
2. It is recommended to set Apple TV to automatically recognize the video format, usually using sdr, so that when playing the source of hdr or Dolby Vision, the format will be automatically switched.
3. If you follow the setting of 2, you can see that Netflix can automatically light up the Dolby Vision, and the 4k Blu-ray original disk in the local nas will not automatically light up (you can also force the Dolby Vision in the box settings, that is, (The so-called pseudo-lighting, the so-called single-layer Dolby Vision).
4. Contents of Dolby Vision is copyrighted. If you want to experience the original "double layer" Dolby Vision, Blu-ray Disc + Blu-ray player.
BTW, at the same time want to experience Dolby Atmos, you need to connect the amplifier or Sony's echo wall (virtual panoramic sound).

Lennon

Can HDR10 mode passthrogh?
Try to update the firmware of z9f and x950g.
In addition, you don’t need to hang the Apple TV 4K behind the Z9F. Anyway, X950G and Z9F support eARC. It can also achieve surround sound on the TV.

Wyatt21

Find the AppleTV settings-Video and Audio-Start Dolby Vision (default 50Hz, you can manually set 60Hz)-Set the matching color and frame rate.

Verification: The translucent word “Dolby Vision” will appear in the upper right corner, and the translucent word “Dolby Vision” will appear when switching between sources of different formats.Note: Be sure to enable matching colors, otherwise the color space between the sources will be incompatible, and there will be problems with dim color or oversaturation.

Venus

The problem has been solved
I just turned on the enhanced mode of the audio HDMI interface. The enhanced mode of the TV HDMI interface is not turned on. After setting the enhanced mode of the TV HDMI interface, everything is normal.
thx guys!

Celine2020

The problem has been solved
I just turned on the enhanced mode of the audio HDMI interface. The enhanced mode of the TV HDMI interface is not turned on. After setting the enhanced mode of the TV HDMI interface, everything is normal.
thx guys!
Indeed, the enhanced mode of HDMI on the TV should to be turned on.