How good is the apple tv remote?

Celine2020

How good is the apple tv remote?It seems to me that the entire apple tv remote control looks like a whole piece of aluminum alloy is hollowed out according to the apple tv design. How are the buttons and the circuit board put in? Since my major is mechanical, and the first time I saw this remote control, I was stunned.

1591754474300.png

From a manufacturing point of view, apple tv remote control can be called magic.

The apple tv remote is like completely dug from an aluminum ingot, without any screws. This unibody process is also used in mac notebooks. But after all, the Apple Mac notebook is large, and it is relatively easy to design a CNC machine tool pass.But this apple tv remote control is so small, and it is basically a solid structure. The key to it is to choose a plan of cutting. Holding this curiosity, and the remote controller was made into coke by my child, I kind of tear down apple tv remote and studied it.

From the appearance, the most obvious part of the knife is the battery compartment. This is also the only place that process engineers can leave for ordinary users. After opening, remove the battery, you can see that the cavity inside leads to the upper button area. But far away from the button area, it is impossible to plug the entire circuit board and buttons from the battery compartment.

So I deduced that the button must be the last button, and the disassembly must be reversed. Use the sheet to pry the gap in the edge of the button carefully, and you can remove the two black buttons, the large black ring, and the round aluminum alloy button inside.After all these are removed, you can understand how the remote control is done.

Why aren't the three plastic buttons made of aluminum alloy? Because this is necessary, the elasticity of the plastic is better so that it can be pressed into it in the last step to form a seamless effect. In addition, I have to mention the commonweal precision of Apple products. The tight fit between the parts is perfect. So advise everyone not to disassemble this remote control easily, it is easy to cause small disassembly traces.A small remote control was designed by Apple engineers with much effort.

It is a work of art.

This is why atv sells five or six hundreds USD, other boxes can only sell $20. The philosophy of other boxes is to use it. Under this premise, the lower the price, the better, to seize price-sensitive users. The philosophy of Apple products is to make the most perfect product under the upper limit of the price that the market can afford, and under the upper limit of current technology. In my opinion, the two are not at the same level of competition at all.

Amnesia

yeah, apple is always worth every penny. but the content on apple tv is not as good as the product itself, which stopped me from pulling the triger