How to make better use of a home projector? What the projector can do is more than you think

Leonord D

We use projector at home and take it with us when we go out. In addition to the most conventional animations for children, we watch big movies ourselves. I also use projectors to make various games to help children online lessons. The projector has even become a mobile recipe for my mother and mother-in-law. I hope this article will bring some new ideas for you and let you make better use of your home projector.

Why use a projector?
I started doing various research on the projector last year. The main reason that triggered me to study this thing was a news report I saw two years ago. The thing is probably like this: Three medical staff from Zhejiang Eye Hospital let their children do an experiment for 4 days. Let the three children watch the iPhone, iPad, 42-inch LCD TV and projector, and compare the children's diopter, tear film rupture time and the number of blinks per minute before and after to determine the degree of damage to their children's vision. The final experiment reached a conclusion that the degree of damage to children's eyeshadows from high to low are: mobile phone, iPad, TV, projection. It can be seen that the projection is the least harmful to the eyes among the four devices.

How to make better use of a home projector? What the projector can do is more than you think

Of course, any electronic device will hurt your eyes, but in this era, it is simply impossible to prevent children from touching electronic devices. Children need to use APP to learn English and mathematics. Various online learning resources cannot prevent children from contact. The main thing is that no children don’t like watching cartoons! The following will give you a detailed broadcast. I have used the unique skills and strategies for more than a year.

How to use the projector to watch cartoons and online lessons for children?
Watching cartoons on the projector is the most used function in our family. I usually choose the children's resources built into the projector, and sometimes connect to the mobile phone to cast the screen.

1. Can I connect my phone or iPad? If you feel that the built-in programs are not enough to enjoy, you need to connect a mobile phone, pad or computer, and there is no problem! Buy an HDMI adapter cable! (One HDMI port, the other phone/pad connector). This way, except that there is no neat and clean wireless projection screen, the others are all advantages. Just plug in the connectors on both sides, and you can project the content on your phone, Pad, and computer directly through the projector.

2. You can also use it to give your child online lessons without damaging the eyes. If you need to point on the screen, it can only be done by clicking the Pad or mobile phone in front of you. In addition, you can also use the projector to conduct course review and game interaction. Putting the title or game paper on a whiteboard where you can write and paint can be very convenient for children to interact with, and it will also be more interesting than writing on white paper.

What the projector can do is more than you think. Watching movies and online classes can only be regarded as the normal operation of the projector. The projector can assist with more operations than you think.

1. Engaging the atmosphere
This is one of our family's favorite and most commonly used purposes. When the children behave well, I will promise them that they will give them a beautiful starry sky after dark. This means of reward is uncomfortable. In fact, the operation is extremely simple. Prepare the starry sky video in advance in your mobile phone, turn off the lights, and cast the screen on the ceiling. This trick even my husband has learned, and sometimes provokes me, will also please me.

2. Make a photo wall and draw a background wall. Anyway, most of us have to stay at home recently during to the coronovirus pandemic. If you really want to find something for yourself, you can join the whole family and use the projector to complete a big production.

The first step: use the projector to release the pattern prepared in advance (this can be edited in advance by the computer, directly projected on the screen, and can be modified at any time by the computer).

The second step: follow the picture except the beautiful pattern, if If you want to create a photo wall and worry about not having a good grasp of the distance, you can also use the same method to edit and project photo frames of different sizes on your computer.

3. Walking recipes, reference books
My mother and mother-in-law always want to get some new tricks in the kitchen. They often use their mobile phones to check the recipes, but they always have to take out reading glasses to see the next step. Since having this new weapon, they have instantly upgraded to a new generation of hackers in the kitchen, is it too convenient?
Because of this new weapon, our kitchen has suddenly upgraded its grade.

In a nutshell, except for watching movies, you can use your projectors to interact with your family with fun and education.

Author: pkumum

Last edited:

Carl B

if you use a projector in the kitch, what about the light? I don't think that you will watch the white screen over 30 mins.