How to Run checkra1n on RK32xx android TV Boxes?

Celine2020

How to Run checkra1n on RK32xx android TV Boxes? What we need are as follows: an RK 322x Android TV Box ofcourse, and SD card (4GB or 8GB), Multitool, Armbian, and Balenaetcher or win32disk imager, a USB Stick (not necessary). And follow the steps below:

1594457858149.png

Run checkra1n on RK32xx android TV Boxes Steps
  1. Download both Multitool and Armbian
  2. Burn the Multitool on your SD Card either with etcher or win32diskimager
  3. Plug the SD card in the TV box and plug in the power cord.
  4. Once it boots to multitool, accept the agreement
  5. (Optional) Select Backup Flash if you want to backup
  6. Select Erase Flash, once completed proceed to next step.
  7. Select Install Jump Start for Armbian (This will install bootloader to let you boot with USB Stick or with an SD Card)
  8. Once bootloader is installed, you can turn the box off and proceed to next step
  9. Remove SD Card and burn the Armbian image (You can use the USB Stick instead)
  10. Insert the SD Card (or the USB Stick - at the back - OTG Port) to your TV Box
  11. Once it boots it will ask you for a username and password
  12. Username is root password is 1234
  13. Setup your account
  14. Once you are on the desktop, open terminal and enter sudo rk322x-config and press enter
  15. Select your TV Box and reboot
  16. Once rebooted, connect to your network either via wifi or ethernet cable
  17. Open terminal and run sudo apt-get install update && apt-get upgrade -y
  18. Grab a cup of coffee, this might take a few minutes.
  19. You will get a prompt to install maintainer version, you can just press enter and enter and enter :)
  20. Once updates were installed, reboot.
  21. Once you’re on the desktop again, you can now download checkra1n for Linux (Cli, arm)
  22. Download and run checkrain
  23. Connect your iOS device and jailbreak
  24. If your iOS device is not being detected, try installing libimobiledevice
Tips:

You can get a raspberry pi 4 for cheaper than you can get one of these near me. If you have one or you can find them for cheap I'd definitely say go for it but I would go for the pi. More functionality and less cost.

Article written by:khevinski014

Last edited:

Celine2020

So this box runs on RK3229 processor. I erased the nandflash using rkdeveloptool and burned armbian to the sd card. Now that the box doesn’t have an installed android system, it is now booting from the sd card. I then downloaded checkra1n for linux on this box, run the cli and then jailbreak. Was able to jailbreak 2 of my ip6, 1 ip8, 1 ip7+ and an ipod touch 6.

Dramaqueen

You can get a raspberry pi 4 for cheaper than you can get one of these near me. If you have one or you can find them for cheap I'd definitely say go for it but I would go for the pi. More functionality and less cost :p

Celine2020

You can get a raspberry pi 4 for cheaper than you can get one of these near me. If you have one or you can find them for cheap I'd definitely say go for it but I would go for the pi. More functionality and less cost :p
This cost $11 here in our place while pi was around $60-70