Is Doraemon No.1 Animation in Japan of all time? Why do people love Doraemon?

Celine2020

Doraemon began as a manga series written by Fujiko F. Fujio. The manga has a long history, with its serial publication in 1969. It has serialized in many manga magazines for small children, and it continued until the author passed away in 1996. The anime series’ broadcast continues to this day, even after the death of its author. A new Doraemon movie has also been released each year since 1979. It is no exaggeration to say that for many Japanese children, Doraemon is the first anime series that they watch.

As one of the Doraemon fans said, the reason why everybody, especially Japanese, loves Doraemon might be:

Everyone hopes to have a Doraemon, like this blue fat man who has accompanied me throughout my childhood

Is Doraemon No.1 Animation in Japan of all time? Why do people love Doraemon?

Doraemon has been broadcast overseas, so there are many Doraemon fans living outside of Japan. However, I believe there are also people who wonder why the anime is such a long-running hit. I hope you now know why Doraemon is loved by so many people in Japan. Let’s hope that Doraemon will continue to be loved by people throughout the world!