"Kill Eve" starring Wu Shanzhuo shining in ELLE photo blockbuster

Wu Shanzhuo, the heroine of "Killing Eve", made a set of cover photos for the latest issue of the Canadian version of EllE. In the play, Eve played by Wu Shanzhuo is still in love with the "little pervert" Villanelle (Judy Comer). Outside of the play, Wu Shanzhuo said in an interview with the magazine, "I am currently very eager to play the role of seeking characters' ethnic issues."

Kill Eve starring Wu Shanzhuo

"Kill Eve" starring Wu Shanzhuo

Last year, Wu Shanzhuo won the Best Actress in the Golden Globe Awards TV Series with "Killing Eve", and was also the first Asian American in the history of the Golden Globe Awards. When she hosted the Golden Globe Awards ceremony, she said, "I said 'yes' to the fear of standing on this stage tonight, because I want to ... watch the audience and witness this moment of change."

In Wu Shanzhuo's view, change is already happening. "Asian Americans, especially Asian Americans of my generation, will feel disgusted when they hear the accent on TV because it is full of racism and misunderstanding ..."

Wu Shanzhuo was very happy to see that the younger generation of actors no longer intentionally weakened the accent as she used to, but instead showed their awareness of Asian identity by transplanting the accent to the characters.

"This is how we change. We don't want to see people of color performing like white people because we are not white! Because of this attitude, the Asian power in Hollywood is more worthy of our expectations."