Kirby Star Allies Review: A great game for yourself

mtn328

Kirby

Game platform: Switch

Sale date: 2018/3/16

Score: 9.0/10.0

For me, it's a game that's been a long time coming. My personal impression of Kirby is still stuck in Kirby's Adventure and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror during the gba era. In fact, I have also played Kirby Squeak Squad on NDS and Kirby's Epic Yarn on wii later, but unfortunately I failed to play it deeply for a variety of reasons.

So "Kirby Star Allies" had a much greater impact on me from the start, a much more elaborate cartoonish imagery, a variety of familiar BGM tone changes, and even the image of a dog in its lair at the beginning, which made me so excited that it immediately went up.

Abundant Superpowers

After entering the game, playing is also a lot of novel sense, there are many have not seen the ability. Each ability has many more moves, specific can press the + key to view, each ability has an average of three pages of introduction, it can be said that basically each ability is done very rich, of course, the ability to sleep or can only sleep. For example, after the former into a discharge can only be different discharge in situ, now it is friction can be thrown out of the ball. The combination of fire and flame, the sprint attack becomes the fire move, but these are the changes made in the past, the rest will not be discussed in detail. At least the choices are richer, because they're all interesting, but let me say this: superpowers are fun!

High Intelligence Interaction Of Allies

The focus of this book should still be the interaction with Allies. Push the rocker on the yellow platform and you can change your body according to the platform. After each change into a new form, I will take crazy screenshots... There are four main forms: ally train, ally suspension bridge, ally roller and ally nova. Each is a different kind of gaming experience, with trains and rollers being the parkour equivalent, drawbridges the solution to puzzles, and nova the traditional shooting war.

In addition, there are some small interactions, such as opening the love umbrella for the Allies to shelter from the wind and rain, using the mind to lift the stone Allies, using the wrestler to lift the Allies and throw them out to destroy the terrain...

Kirby

As for Allies, another thing that impressed me most is that AI's intelligence is extremely high, and it is true that "a person can be happy". When you want to do something that requires four people to work together, you will find that the player who is the most sluggish and the least responsive is the player himself. When the player is hit by the boss, the AI Allies will output wildly and carry the player. They can be very sensitive to where they need to solve a puzzle, and can make the right move right away with an exclamation point in their head. If the player has some difficulty solving the puzzle himself, he might as well give his ability to the ally. When I was playing by myself, one of my roommates passed by and thought I was on line with someone else. It can be seen that my teammates' intelligence was well handled.

You could have called three teammates on "Kirby & the Amazing Mirror," but all your teammates could do was suck in the big star and get some blood.

Simple Level Design

The overall difficulty of the game level design seems to be a bit simple, even if the hidden puzzle pieces and hidden switches are not difficult to find, it can be said that even when the brain is in a dormant state can be in a week to gather the hidden elements. Of course, from another point of view, it is very relaxed and leisure, very suitable for learning and work to relax the body and mind to reduce pressure, even if usually playing games is not very good, you can also barrier-free customs clearance. Usually it is not difficult to solve the puzzle room, there will be a composite hint (at first did not expect that even in the last world, there will still be a hint), then can rely on Allies to solve the problem. The purpose of the week boss is not difficult, with the help of Allies, there is no problem hanging up.

However, the low difficulty is also a double-edged sword, reducing the game experience for some players who like excitement. Indeed, as the process progressed, I did feel a sense of loss after the call, and my score gradually declined in my mind, but I still gave the game a high score of 9.0 after 100% completion of the game.

Shortcomings And Summary

The disadvantage is revealed to a large extent by the comparison with the classic Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. It is also a common problem in the Kirby series, which is that the level is linear and the flow is too short. It took me two afternoons and nights to complete 100% clearance. I hope I can still see the free large-map exploration Kirby like Kirby & the Amazing Mirror in my lifetime. It is a pity for such a delicate work.

If you're interested in the Kirby series and not too obsessed with the Kirby & the Amazing Mirror format, especially if you have a friend who is also interested in Kirby (envy), recommend it!