Sad yet feel-good movies?

tartik

Hi! I’m looking for a feel-good movie to watch with my mother as we could both use a pick me up. I was wondering if there are any good heartwarming, feel-good films that are kinda sad and that you can cry to, but that still have happy endings? maybe this is very specific haha, but any tips would be greatly https://vlc.onl/ appreciated 💞

Last edited:

Nadia

1. "The Pursuit of Happyness" (2006) - This inspirational film, starring Will Smith, is a heartwarming and emotional journey of a struggling father's pursuit of a better life for himself and his son. While it has its share of sad moments, the movie ultimately delivers a touching and uplifting ending that's perfect for a mother and child bonding experience.
  2. "Marley & Me" (2008) - This heartwarming family film, featuring Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson, tells the story of a couple and their mischievous but lovable dog, Marley. While it may bring tears to your eyes, it's a touching story of love, companionship, and the joys of family life.
  3. "The Green Mile" (1999) - Based on a Stephen King novel, this film combines elements of sadness and hope as it follows the lives of death row inmates and a compassionate prison guard played by Tom Hanks. It's a powerful story with a bittersweet yet ultimately heartwarming message.
  4. "My Girl" (1991) - A coming-of-age movie that explores themes of friendship, loss, and the innocence of childhood. While it has its moments of sadness, it's a beautiful and touching film that will leave you with a sense of warmth and nostalgia.
  5. "Life Is Beautiful" (1997) - This Italian film, directed by and starring Roberto Benigni, is a unique blend of humor and heartbreak set during World War II. It's a poignant tale of a father's love for his son and the power of imagination in the face of adversity, ultimately leading to a deeply moving and uplifting ending.

Katherine_K

Little Miss Sunshine:love: My Favorite!

A heartwarming comedy-drama about a dysfunctional family's road trip to a children's beauty pageant. While the characters face their share of challenges, the film's quirky humor and underlying message of familial love make it a touching and feel-good choice.