The Call of the Wild Movie Short Review

Weppera

The Call of the Wild movie was first released on Feb 21 in US. I haven't watched it until last weekend. It's needless to say how classic the original work is, but maybe I've seen many films about loyal dogs, and I think it's quite standard. Some of the shots are too technical.

The Call of the Wild Movie Review

Born in the noble family, Buck, caught up with the gold rush poaching and was turned over to be the sled dog of the postman couple. He saved two lives when the ice broke and avalanche, fought with the leading dog and replaced it.

With the rise of the telegraph, mail route cancelled, Buck was sold and treated badly by the new master. Fortunately, the old man rescued Buck. And Buck followed the call of the wild and became a dominator in the mountain.

It's all CG that makes me uncomfortable from the beginning to the end of the movie. The whole story's description of Buck's growth is partial to pipelined narration, lacking basic foreshadowing and introduction. The difficulties and dangers encountered and the same kind of confrontation between the bridge sections are all taken for granted. There are not too many twists and turns of harvest and empathy resonance. I don't like the character shield.

1592296192671.png

From a commercial point of view, Disney has adapted the film into a family happy movie suitable for all ages. From the perspective of movie watching experience, it really lacks the call of the wild, which is cruel, thoughtful and philosophical in many of the original works.