The future of Smash Bros franchise speculation

yuresh

I think that after five iterations of the same formula the next super smash bros game will have a major change in its structure, similar to how Breath of the Wild changed a 20+ year format in the Zelda series.

I can’t see how a better version of “ultimate” can exist. More characters? It already has a ton, and they brought back every old one. Plus ultimate literally means last.

My question to this thread is— how do you think it will change? I suspect they will:

make more complicated moves and combos beyond the typical “b and direction” format

reduce the number of characters to about 20 (original 12 plus Peach, Bowser, Wario, Inkling, Olimar, Marth, Zelda, and Shulk) and then add more through DLC

But beyond that I am not sure! What do you all speculate will change? What would you like to see?

sasamomo

It's an interesting speculation about the future of the Super Smash Bros. series. While it's challenging to predict the exact direction the game will take in its next iteration, your ideas about more complicated moves and combos as well as potential changes to the character roster are intriguing.

Here are a few additional possibilities and features that could be considered:

1. Revamped Single-Player Campaign: Perhaps they could introduce a new and expansive single-player mode, similar to Subspace Emissary from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but with an even more immersive storyline.
  2. Enhanced Graphics and Performance: With advancements in gaming technology, the next installment could feature improved graphics, smoother animations, and overall enhanced performance.
  3. Customizable Characters: Introducing a deeper level of character customization, allowing players to modify move sets, appearances, or even create their own fighters.
  4. Cross-Platform Play: With the increasing trend of cross-platform gaming, the next Super Smash Bros. might enable players on different consoles to compete against each other.
  5. Dynamic Stages: More dynamic and interactive stages that evolve or change throughout the match, providing an extra layer of strategy and excitement.
Remember, these are just speculations, and the actual changes could be completely different. It will be interesting to see how the developers innovate and evolve the Super Smash Bros. series in the future.

yuresh

I think that after five iterations of the same formula the next super smash bros game will have a major change in its structure, similar to how Breath of the Wild changed a 20+ year format in the Zelda series.

I can’t see how a better version of “ultimate” can exist. More characters? It already has a ton, and they brought back every old one. Plus ultimate literally means last.

My question to this thread is— how do you think it will change? I suspect they will:

make more complicated moves and combos beyond the typical “b and direction” format
https://9apps.ooo/
reduce the number of characters to about 20 (original 12 plus Peach, Bowser, Wario, Inkling, Olimar, Marth, Zelda, and Shulk) and then add more through DLC

But beyond that I am not sure! What do you all speculate will change? What would you like to see?
I got this,...