The Young Offenders Season 2: An Analysis About Billy Murphy

vivian334

Compared with the real desperation in the first season, The Young Offenders Season 2 is much warmer. Jock left his father who was drunk and abused, and Mairead treated Jock almost indifferently. The Mairead family and the Principal family came together, because some minor incidents quarreled and reconciled, and then continued to quarrel.

Healy walked steadfastly towards Mairad, who was troubled with him all season because of "You are not being on my side (especially when I'm wrong)"

In my opinion, the most important role in The Young Offenders was Billy Murphy.

Isn't Billy Murphy a bigger version of Jock and Corner?
He threw a knife towards the friends, robbery Cornor no less than fifty times, hobby Zouren and threats. Jock said "Mugging people is just Billy's way of saying hello." And Billy doesn't even tie shoelaces. He was thinking hard about the mantra. His fingers circled the shoelace and circled it. After a few seconds, the mantra became a swear word. Cornor finally said, "If someone loved him just a little bit when he was a kid, would he have turned out different?"

Billy might face years of imprisonment because he did suspected kidnapping of such stupid things, while Cornor and Jock did stupid things. Stealing bicycles, food and drinks. The reason why these two people did not fall into the same position as Billy is that, on the one hand, the theft was written harmlessly in this drama, and even the point of laughter. On the one hand, they were lucky enough didn't get caught ever, but Admittedly, escaping from the police officer ’s hunt is a luck, and someone who loves is a greater luck, such as Mairayd, Siobhan, Linda, such as Healy (although loves the house and Ukrainian). I have always believed that Billy is the so-called "the other side of the coin" between Cornor and Jock, in an unlucky and pathetic way. But what if, what if they really don't love anyone?

In The Young Offenders S02E05, Billy asked Cornor and Jock to help him fake death. Jock asked: "What about your loved one? Will they not all be upset if they think you''re dead?"

"What?" Billy looked surprised.​
"Well, you know, like, the people that care about you ..." Jock explained.​
Billy blinked in confusion, "Care about ME?"

Then he burst into laughter suddenly "Oh, that's a good one! That's a good one! You're fucking funny! Good luck!"

• Then he stepped out of the camera, alone, in a trembling, typical Billy pose.

Jock and Cornor showed the forged video to everyone. A pair of men and women first expressed disbelief, until Jock and Cornor took a more bloody paragraph. The news spread quickly and everyone said exactly the same, "He fell off the bridge and banged his head, and his brain came out of his mouth." A child sprayed a bright red sentence "RIP Billy Murphy" on the wall

But no one feels sad.

Even when she was still in school, Mairayd once helped Billy. Billy remembered it until now, and told Cornor a few times to ask him to talk and say hello to her. And when he talked about this to Mairad (The Young Offenders S02E03), Mairad was surprised: "I never knew that was you."

So The Young Offenders S01E06 is really great. Everyone did fake play with Billy for most of the day, he said that I am really happy today. Then Cornor thought of a solution (praise Cornor! Although everyone thinks he is stupid, but he can come up with a good idea at a critical time!), Everyone passed on wearing a Billy mask and walked off the bus in turn, everyone is Billy at this moment Everyone feels the same with him, everyone outside was confused and everyone in the bus was safe, nobody got hurt or arrested.

When everyone ran to the opposite family and friends and hugged them affectionately, Billy finally got out of the car and wore his own mask, fake Billy mask was on true Billy's face. Then he jumped over to the bushes and fled into the woods alone.

Typical, Billy's, one person, ending.