What To Expect in The New Popeye the Sailor?

Amnesia

"I have been destined to make this movie since I was a kid", "The Elf Hostel" series director Grendi Tatakovsky once said, "This is the movie" Popeye the Sailor" . Grendi spent many years operating the Popeye the Sailor movie for Sony Animation, but in the end the project was aborted in 2015. Now, according to new reports from foreign media, Grendi is developing a new feature film "Dream Mariner". We may finally have the opportunity to see Popeye the Sailor, who loves spinach, on the big screen again.

The New Popeye the Sailor

Guindi is preparing to collaborate with King Features, the copyright owner of the Popeye the Sailor movie, to start from the "drawing board". When Grendi left the project five years ago, he had a disagreement with Sony Animation at the time, "What they want is to build the brand recognition of" Popeye the Sailor", and I love this role. Popeye the Sailor has been with me since childhood. Big, so the dispute was fierce. The film side wanted to really update Popeye, and I can only update a little bit. No more updates, this is not the role. "

Sony has been developing CG's Popeye movie since 2010. After Grendi left, they found Todd Fix, one of the screenwriters of "Guardians of the Galaxy" (not "Guardians of the Galaxy"). Man, come and polish the script.

So is this new film of Grendi still related to Sony? Will the script he wrote still be used? If Gerndi continues to cooperate with Sony (after all, the contract between the two parties has not yet expired), is he going to open up a new world, or will he modify it based on the original plot and character design? I hope that fans of Popeye the Sailor will be able to answer these questions one by one.