What's so fascinating about the Steam No.1 Doom Eternal game?

Kevin254

On May 11, 2020, Steam officially released the sales list of Steam Store last week, and Doom Eternal won the top of the list. What's so fascinating about the game Doom Eternal that it can become the champion? So we can talk about it today.

Screen of Doom Eternal:
this generation should have the level, my computer at home is 1060, and the screen effect is not blocked when the game is in the middle. The overall feeling is that it's a more flattering design, which not only discards the details of the vision and background (of course, because the special effects are not fully opened), but also ensures the details of the monster. Because there are many elements such as sprint, melee and execution.

Music of Doom Eternal: rock all the way! On the whole, BGM and the game are very well matched, plus points. But in terms of sound effect, I think the guns are a little bit worse, not "heavy", and the score is reduced. But the sound effect of melee is special, and points are added. As well as some bad and interesting sound effects (such as the sound of pulling wine plug after some enemies burst their heads), bonus points.

Plot of Doom Eternal:
Er... Yes, but it's not that important for this kind of shooter game (mainly I forgot the original plot). Game feel: like the retro FPS, because you can only see the gun and can't see the elbow (simulated running effect), so it feels like "applying oil on the sole of the foot". At first, I may not be used to it, but it will be better gradually. In terms of guns, most of them are not in reality, so they will not have a special real feeling like cod 16. Without recoil, they are all laser guns, with a medium overall feel. However, execution, chainsaw is really cool!

How to play the game: rough! The basic process is: run - > shooting explosion - > execution - > bullet picking / blood bag eating - > run - > shooting explosion. Besides, there are many hidden elements to be found in each level

Doom Eternal highlights:

Cool and explosive execution
: according to the chapters I have played, all enemies will have at least four kinds of execution animation, in short, all kinds of XX splashes, all kinds of dismantling.

Human design of of Doom Eternal (strange design): the classic monsters are all back. The new monsters are also very consistent with the game style. There is no sense of disobedience. I understand that for Chinese players, the setting of such alien monsters (demons) in Europe and America is sometimes hard to accept and disgusting. But once you get used to it, it's really cool!

Doom Eternal Retro UI: Blood bottles, armor, bullets, guns

Upgrade of characters and guns: in terms of gun upgrade, each gun has several modules, different modules = different guns, which saves both art and player operation is still worth encouraging.