Why PlayStation 5 Pre-order be restricted to one per person?

Reddit netizen @Kgarvey found a JS code on the PlayStation Direct Store website about "the purchase quantity is wrong", which implies that each customer can only order one PlayStation 5 game console (regardless of whether the optical drive version or the digital version).

When a user tries to add a PlayStation 5 console with multiple SKUs to the shopping cart, it will appear: You have already added a PS5 console to the shopping cart. You can only purchase one PlayStation 5: Optical Drive or Digital Edition™. ("SAPCommerceOCC_ERROR_addtocartrestrictionvalidation":{"errorType":"commerce-api-error","errorMessage":"You can only purchase one version of the PS5™ Console: Disc or Digital. You have already added one PS5? console to your cart .","errorSeverity":"High"})

Why PlayStation 5 Pre-order be restricted to one per person

In addition, the netizen also found that Sony has added a PS5 compatible label code to PS4 products, the label is hidden through the web page CSS and exists in most products. The label does not indicate whether it is compatible with PS4 games or PS4 accessories, but the appearance of the label may imply that not all PS4 games and accessories are compatible with PS5 consoles.

This purchase restriction may only exist in the PlayStation Direct Store, and it will not appear at other distributors (retailers).

radiogaga

Oh no, those poor people who want 5 consoles and totally don’t want to sell them on eBay for 3 times the price!

ashley

I'm ordering three, one for me, one for my bf and one for my little bro who's been giving me his pocket money to save up for it. I'll just order from multiple outlets to make sure I get them