Why The Owl House is described as "Disney's new flop"

Dramaqueen

In this new Disney cartoon show, young Luz (voiced by Sarah-Nicole Robles) travels to a freaky magical world where she becomes an apprentice to the witch Eda (Just Shoot Me/Hot in Cleveland's Wendie Malick). The show does have one kinda flaw and it is that the Boiling Isles where this takes place differentiates itself from other fantasy world by being children-friendly macabre.

Why The Owl House is described as Disney's new flop

However, a show featuring demons and possessing in a kid's show, it should be better suited to children and apply a more kid friendly environment in the show. Characters are bland and over-used, Luz an over excited teen and Kid the common side-kick animal who acts serious but is taken to be cute (seriously how many times have we seen a character like that?). Should focus on other Disney animated shows instead

The Owl House animated series Review:

When I first saw it, I had high hopes for the show. Opening really hyped me up but when the first few episodes rolled in it was just kind of like "Meh". The story line has great potential and if the plot maybe took some change later on and made it more focused on individual episodes it would go a lot better. As for the characters, Luz, Edna and King are alright but everyone else feels like the writers got bored after the main characters, really need more developing. Positive is that the animation is really nice. They need to take the ambitious steps taken by their sister episode "Amphibia" which was more successful and was effectively able to capture the audience.

Last edited: