Xbox abandons Mixer and turns to Facebook gaming for xCloud

Stefani

All of Microsoft's efforts to promote Mixer have therefore not been sufficient to make its streaming platform a success. Praised for the quality of its broadcast, Mixer had however accumulated too much delay to compete with its main competitor, Twitch, from Amazon. Microsoft and Xbox today announce the gradual closure of Mixer.

Xbox: priorities elsewhere

Microsoft recalls that the priority for Xbox is to create quality content in its 15 studios , further evolve the Xbox Game Pass , successfully launch the Xbox Series X and the opportunity to play from anywhere with Project xCloud .

To achieve this vision, Xbox says it works with different partners, and must also sometimes adjust its strategy to always better serve players wherever they meet daily, which includes live streaming.

We are grateful for the collective work of the Mixer community in creating a welcoming, supportive and positive place from day one.
Despite the recruitment of gold price streamers recognized to promote Mixer, Microsoft had not managed to increase the audiences of its streaming platform. Ninja, Shroud, DrLupo, TimTheTatman and the others will therefore be free now to go where they want, and are certainly the big winners in history from a financial point of view. According to the sources of the consultant Rod Breslau, Ninja would have asked about 30 million dollars to come to Mixer against 10 million for Shroud.

Goodbye Mixer, hello Facebook Gaming

Starting today, Facebook Gaming will facilitate membership for anyone in the Mixer community if they wish. Xbox is working to transition the Mixer community over the next few weeks, and starting July 22, all Mixer sites and apps will redirect users to Facebook Gaming.

To better meet the needs of our community, we are partnering with Facebook to allow the Mixer community to switch to Facebook Gaming.
Microsoft is betting a lot on Project xCloud, its video game streaming service from the cloud that could be called the "video game netflix". Still in the beta test phase, xCloud is one of the pillars of Xbox's strategy to reach 2 billion players worldwide.

The choice of Facebook Gaming is strategic since Microsoft wishes in the future to bring xCloud to Facebook Gaming to ensure that there is only one click to go from the state "I am watching a stream" to "I I play it too ”. This is what Microsoft calls click-to-play , and we should see the beginnings in the coming months.

bigapple

A, yes, it was worth it to spend as much money paying ninja and other streamers ... I always found it completely stupid to spend so much money, for streamers, there we have the proof, that c was not worth it ... Lost money, unnecessarily ...