Xbox low-end version console is only half the price of the Xbox Series X?

Nike Kidman

A few days ago, Microsoft registered the Xbox Series trademark, and the big guys and the media have speculated that in addition to the Xbox Series X, Microsoft will at least launch a low-end version of the Xbox Series host, and this host is likely to be the long-rumored Xbox Series S, Code-named Lockhart. Today (June 17), some big news broke that the low-end version of the Xbox Series is only half the price of the Xbox Series X.

Xbox low-end version console is only half the price of the Xbox Series X?

On the Beyond3D forum, Eastmen, a user who had previously reported inside information from Microsoft, said that the Xbox Series S is half the price of the Series X and has a small form factor. It will be an all-digital host without an optical drive. Eastmen said he did not know the final price of the Xbox Series X, but he had heard of Microsoft's plan to sell it for $400.

"Recently I heard that its price is half of Xbox Series X, and the latter is priced. The last time I heard that it was Microsoft plans $400, I’m not sure what the final price will be. I think if Sony sells $500/600, then Microsoft It may be sold at a price of US$200/US$400/US$500." At such a low price, Microsoft will make up for the hardware loss through a higher game sales share and Xbox Game Pass service.

"Microsoft will make up for their losses by obtaining a higher share of game sales and more subscription services. Pricing also depends on Sony’s practices. If Sony sets its own price higher, Microsoft does not have to go extreme."

Eastmen said that when Microsoft entered the streaming business a few years ago, they wanted to become the Netflix of the gaming industry, so Microsoft plans to get a lot of quality content for their platforms. The Xbox Series S will be a key device for this strategy of Microsoft, because with its lower price, it will allow Microsoft to enter a market that has never been realized before.

"That's why I think Lockhart is a key device for their strategy. Its low-cost way to ensure that this host handles their new compression technology will be applied to xCLoud in the next few years. Microsoft's plan for Lockhart is to enter one of them Never enter the pricing range. Microsoft hopes that the lockhart console will be reduced to the size of Amazon fire TV at some time in the future. Of course, the size of the first lockhart console will also shock everyone."