10 incredible things a smart speaker can do for you

Nike Kidman

In this era of big data and deep learning supporting half the sky, artificial intelligence equipped with computer speech recognition has finally entered a new era. When Siri first appeared, she was just a voice search assistant with a lot of wind but no practical use. At the same time, Google's voice search was also a chicken. I want to take the $ 29 google home mini as an example to talk about what smart speakers of Google home mini can do.

Google Home Mini

1.Hey Google, Good morning!

Waking up in the morning, this is the first sentence I said to the Google Home Mini. the small light above will light up mini and Google Home Mini willsay good morning, from Google home mini could told me today is the date, day of the week, today's weather, go to school road traffic (need to set the home address and work address), and then tell me calendar what content, if before I let it remind me today doing the doing, it would remind me this time. Then Google Home Mini began to read today's news , the news source can choose the app google home's.

Google Home Mini

It doesn't need to be too loud to speak to the Google Home Mini, I'm at the door of my room, and I can hear it if I talk to the mini-gossamer on the other side of the room diagonally .

2.Hey Google, play some Taylor Swift.

Usually I'm impatient and I don't listen to a few news. so I let the Google Home Mini play music for me. You can say, play some pop muisic, play Taylor Swift, play Ed Sheeran's Perfect, etc., it will do it one by one. Unfortunately, Google Home Mini does not support Amazon music .

Of course, the volume control of Google Home Mini can also be performed by voice. Remember that mini is an AI, so speaking to it can be very casual. In addition, every new song must know who sang it immediately. So he is very satisfied with the Google Home Mini, if you asked the Google Home Mini, whose song is this? Google Home Mini will stop immediately to tell you , and then continue to play.

3.Hey Google, where is my phone?

I had a big problem before going out in the morning-was my cell phone in the quilt, in the toilet, under the pillow, or under the bed? ? ? Now this question has been taken by Google Home Mini take care. Wow, click, ask mini where is my phone, Google Home Mini will say, can I let your phone play the sound at maximum volume now? You say yes, the phone starts to call. No matter you turn on Do Not Disturb mode or completely mute, as long as the wifi is connected, Google Home Mini sound will be played. Is the mini intimate.

4.Hey Google, set a timer for 10 min.

For me who often bake, this function is too easy to use. The noodles with hands are powdery and creamy. How can I extend the claws to the mobile phone to set the timer! When the timer time is up, the mini will call, and then you tell it, stop the timer, it will not call, what should you do, if you are playing music before, you will continue to play music. Sometimes it will be bug, don't continue to play music, I said keep playing the music, it will continue to play where it stopped before. It feels like a little naughty

5.Hey Google, is Costco open right now?

This is similar to what Siri used to look for in restaurants. I asked if Costco is on? Google Home Mini will report the costco's address and tell me what time it will open. If it closes, Google Home Mini will tell me what time it will open tomorrow. Similarly, I said that I was hungry and would recommend several restaurants nearby.

6.Hey Google, get me an Uber!

The Uber app needs to be installed on the phone, and then said that the Google Home Mini will call the uber voice brother directly, and the uber voice brother will start asking me where I started and where I want to go. There is a feeling of calling customer service and turning to a dedicated line. There will be some merchant's coupons on Google home, you can use one in Google Home Mini.

7.Hey Google, play Stranger Things on Netflix.

I do n’t have a smart TV, but I have ChromeCast. After connecting ChromeCast in the Google Home app, calling Google Home Mini put TV mini will use this ChromeCast put. By the way, at present Google Home Mini cannot specify seasons and episodes, so Netflix is where you put them last.

8.Hey Google, turn off bedroom lights.

Every night I watch TV and see that the rock-paper-scissors are trapped to decide who gets out of the bed and turns off the lights. . . Google Home Mini save the world! I use Philips Hue's smart bulbs at home. Philips Hue bulbs need to buy a Hue Hub to use. However, if there are not many bulbs at home, you can buy smart bulbs that do not require Hub, such as TP-Link smart bulbs.

Now I'm all sleepy, half dead, and said to mini, thank you for turning off the lights. . . In addition, Philips light bulbs can adjust the brightness, so you can also say to the mini, dim the lights, the lights will become ambiguous.

9.Hey Google, you know what to do.

In the Google Home Mini app, you can set a lot of your own specific voice commands. I set up a 'you know what to do', and set up to dial a male ticket. When I say, hey google you know what to do, Google Home Mini will call the male ticket phone.

10.Hey Google, good night

All smart home products connected to the google home app can indicate in the app which room they are in. For example, the TV in my bedroom is connected to the functional socket of TP-link, the lamp in the bedroom is a smart bulb of philips, and I set philips and TP-Link in the app to belong to the bedroom. Then I set the command Good night to 'turn off everything in the bedroom'. When I say Good night, Google Home Mini will turn off the TV and lights in the bedroom.