After watching One World Together Concert I want to have a VR

Dramaqueen

On April 19,"One World: Together" charity concert live broadcast on multiple platforms, more than 100 musicians participated in the concert, we can't help thinking: how can we enjoy a live concert at home? -all we need is the VR tech.

One World concert (Image source: Irishtimes)​

■ Will the future be VR

The VR scene just described can actually be simplified as: put on a pair of glasses, connect a computer or mobile phone, and enter a brand new virtual world. That's right, we all call this technology VR.

VR technology is the use of computer simulation to generate a virtual world, providing users with visual, auditory, tactile and other sensory simulations, allowing users to experience things in the virtual world as if they were in the real world. When the VR user moves the location, the computer can immediately Perform complex calculations to return accurate 3D world images to produce a sense of presence. Although everything we see through VR is fake, because it feels quite real, the sense of VR reality is extremely strong.

VR technology (Image source: SaaS Metrics)​

The development of VR is inevitable. with 3D movies, VR emphasizes 360-degree panoramic interaction, which not only has a strong sense of immersion and three-dimensionality, but more importantly allows users to interact with the virtual world.

In an artificial environment, each VR object has a position relative to the coordinate system of the system, and so is the user. VR hoods that track head movements can sense our head movements. In this way, when we are moving, we can move the same in the virtual world. When we look to the left, the VR virtual reality hood can recognize this action, and then the hardware will render the scene on the left in time.

VR (Source: Gear Open)​

■ Technical content of VR

VR technology has actually been produced since the last century, but the VR equipment at that time was also called Sensorama, more like a medical equipment + 4D private theater. The development of VR to the present day, the technology behind it has also been changing, including the use of computers to generate real-time 3D computer graphics, virtual scene display technology, head tracking technology, eye tracking technology, sound technology, sensory feedback technology, voice technology and gesture tracking VR technology.

Sensorama (Image source: Twitter)​

Among them, eye tracking can be called the most important technology in the field of VR. Oculus founder Palmer & Bullchi once called it "the heart of VR" because its detection of human eye position can be the current The angle of view provides the best 3D effect, making the VR headset display more natural images with less delay, which can greatly increase the playability. At the same time, since the eye tracking technology can know the real fixation point of the human eye, the depth of field of the fixation point position on the virtual object can be obtained. Therefore, eye tracking technology is considered by most VR practitioners to be an important technological breakthrough in solving the problem of virtual reality helmet vertigo.

■ VR is still facing challenges

Although 2016 was called the first year of VR, the global hardware, content, and capital giants have frequently moved. VR equipment will be the next computing platform after computers and mobile phones. By 2025, VR and AR hardware revenue will reach as high as $ 110 billion. Since last year, including Facebook, Samsung, Sony, HTC and even Alibaba ... VR strategy has been deployed across the board.

Including Beat Saber, the game of the big fire in 2018, also let people see the possibility of VR in various fields, but VR technology has developed so far, but there are still some places that need to be resolved urgently. The most important of these is that although today's VR systems can already shape immersive visual experiences, they do not satisfy all of our sensory experiences, such as vital touch.

WiReality (Image source: YellRobot)​

Perhaps, with the advancement of technology, we may actually experience an "immersive" online concert with VR under the vigorous development of 5G.

Last edited: