Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box S both are popular media streaming devices available on the market now. Many users are wondering about what's the difference between them? And which one is better to choose? When Amazon Fire TV vs Mi Box, who wins the game? There is a comparison between Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box S that supports you to see the differences between them.
1. Inputs/ outputs of Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box SWhen looking for a TV media streaming device, one of the most important factors people are concerned about is the connecting port, which decides if the TV box can work with your TV or not. The more input and output ports, the more connecting ways are available between them. As shown at the bellow table, both Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box S support the basic connection of HDMI port, which is essential for video output. But the Amazon Fire TV Cube doesn't have an audio port while the Mi Box S has a 3.5mm output for audio. As for the USB ports, although they are not the same, both of them have one. So in this round, Mi Box S is the winner.
|Inputs / Outputs||Amazon Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation)||Xiaomi Mi Box S Streaming Media Player|
|Video Output||1 x HDMI Female||1 x HDMI Female|
|Audio||None||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Output|
|USB Ports||1 x USB (Version Unspecified) Micro-B||1 x USB 2.0 Type-A|
2. Media Support of Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box SWhat the media support of a TV box is the most essential part. So pay attention to the following factors when comparing TV boxes. Both Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box S support a resolution maximum of 3840x2160p at 60fps. But the HDR compatibility, audio formats, and Dolby support of Amazon Fire TV Cube are much better than Mi Box S, and that's why the Amazon Fire TV Cube is a little expensive than Mi Box S. In this round, Amazon Fire TV Cube is the winner.
|Media Support||Amazon Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation)||Xiaomi Mi Box S Streaming Media Player|
|Resolutions||Maximum: 3840 x 2160p at 60 fps||3840 x 2160p at 60 fps|
|HDR Compatibility||HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log Gamma||HDR10|
|HDCP Support||Yes, Version 2.2||Not Applicable|
|Video Formats||H.264 / AVC, H.265 / HEVC, VP9||AVI, H.264 / AVC, MKV, MOV, MP4, VOB, VP9|
|Image Formats||BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG||BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF|
|Audio Formats||AAC-LC, AC3, FLAC, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis||APE, FLAC, MP3|
|Dolby/DTS Support||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus||DTS, Dolby Digital|
3. Networking of Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box SInternet connecting is so important to a TV box since it decides the TV streaming experience. As the table shows, both Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box S support Wifi connecting so you don't need to worry about any networking problem. However, it's also obvious, the Amazon Fire TV Cube is more stable in networking due to its Ethernet and Bluetooth support. In this round, the winner is still the Amazon Fire TV Cube.
|Networking||Amazon Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation)||Xiaomi Mi Box S Streaming Media Player|
|Wi-Fi Standards||Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)||Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)|
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz|
|Ethernet||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz||None|
|Smart Antenna Support||MIMO||Not Applicable|
4. Performance of Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box SWhat users are concerned about a TV box most is the performance, which will decide the real user experience of a product. When Amazon Fire TV Cube vs Mi Box S, the CPU and GPU are completely different and the Amazon Fire TV Cube is equipped with a better system. What's more, the storage of Amazon Fire TV Cube is double of Mi Box S. Obviously, the Amazon Fire TV Cube is the winner in this round.
|Performance||Amazon Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation)||Xiaomi Mi Box S Streaming Media Player|
|CPU||2.2 GHz Hexa-Core|
1.9 GHz Dual-Core
|ARM Cortex A53 Quad-Core|
|GPU||800 MHz Mali G52-MP6||Mali-450 Penta-Core|
5. Remote of Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box SWhen comes to the remote function of Amazon Fire TV Cube and Mi Box S, they are not many differences besides the virtual assistant supporter. Both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are good at remote control.
|Remote||Amazon Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation)||Xiaomi Mi Box S Streaming Media Player|
|Virtual Assistant Support||Amazon Alexa||Google Assistant|
6. Amazon Fire TV Cube vs Mi Box S: Conclusion and JudgeFrom the comparison above we can see that Amazon Fire TV Cube is supor than Mi Box S in many espects including media support and performance. But the Mi Box S is also a good product for TV streaming. Of course, the price is of Amazon Fire TV Cube is a little higher than Mi Box S. If you are not limiten in budge, you can choose Amazon Fire TV Cube for better performance.