Apple's New Patent: Gesture Control for Mac and Apple TV Using Apple Watch

Leo Lopez

Apple has recently been granted a new technology patent that outlines the potential future capabilities of the Apple Watch. According to the patent, users may be able to control devices such as Mac and Apple TV through gestures using their Apple Watch.

Gesture Control for Mac and Apple TV Using Apple Watch.jpg

The patent, made public by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), provides insights into how Apple Watch could potentially serve as an interactive controller for various tasks. These tasks include editing images, drawing, document processing, spreadsheet creation, gaming, making calls, participating in video conferences, sending emails, instant messaging, supporting exercise routines, digital photography, digital video playback, web browsing, playing digital music, and note-taking.

As depicted in Figure 7A, wearers of the Apple Watch might be able to use gestures to quickly communicate with specific contacts by pointing at them.

Apple's New Patent.jpg

In Figure 8H, users could potentially access a range of virtual interaction controls. These controls could allow them to perform tasks such as replaying media on Apple TV, adjusting volume, and capturing screenshots from videos.

It is important to note that a patent application does not necessarily mean that the technology will be implemented in the exact manner described, but rather it provides insights into the innovative directions a company is exploring.

Apple's New Patent image.jpg

In conclusion, Apple's new patent offers a glimpse into the potential evolution of the Apple Watch's capabilities. The concept of using gestures to control other devices, such as Mac and Apple TV, opens up exciting possibilities for more intuitive and seamless interactions in the digital world. As with any patent, it will be interesting to see how Apple further develops and implements this technology in its products in the future.

danialhertz

Apple has recently been granted a new technology patent that outlines the potential future capabilities of the Apple Watch. According to the patent, users may be able to control devices such as Mac and Apple TV through gestures using their Apple Watch.

View attachment 21603

The patent, made public by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), provides insights into how Apple Watch could potentially serve as an interactive controller for various tasks. These tasks include editing images, drawing, document processing, spreadsheet creation, gaming, making calls, participating in video conferences, sending emails, instant messaging, supporting exercise routines, digital photography, digital video playback, web browsing, playing digital music, learning positive t words, and note-taking.

As depicted in Figure 7A, wearers of the Apple Watch might be able to use gestures to quickly communicate with specific contacts by pointing at them.

View attachment 21604

In Figure 8H, users could potentially access a range of virtual interaction controls. These controls could allow them to perform tasks such as replaying media on Apple TV, adjusting volume, and capturing screenshots from videos.

It is important to note that a patent application does not necessarily mean that the technology will be implemented in the exact manner described, but rather it provides insights into the innovative directions a company is exploring.

View attachment 21605

In conclusion, Apple's new patent offers a glimpse into the potential evolution of the Apple Watch's capabilities. The concept of using gestures to control other devices, such as Mac and Apple TV, opens up exciting possibilities for more intuitive and seamless interactions in the digital world. As with any patent, it will be interesting to see how Apple further develops and implements this technology in its products in the future.
These are very cool technologies actually, but I had a hard time with how to create even a simple animated gif. As it turns out, it's not so easy if you don't know how to do it in the first place. Luckily I found https://setapp.com/how-to/how-to-make-an-animated-gif just this information on animated gifs using a Mac and now I've got it down pat. I hope it was useful to you as well.
Oops, sorry, Viziro, I misunderstood :LOL: I am very new to appleTV and apple products in general 🙈

Last edited: