BC Master BCM-WS222H wireless microphone kit test

Bread Pitt

This BC Master BCM-WS222H wireless microphone kit is made in China. It is guaranteed for 2 years. We receive it in a cardboard box that measures 44cm in length x 30.5cm in width x 8cm in depth.

BC Master BCM-WS222H Wireless Microphone Kit

Inside:
* 2 HF microphones
* 1 receiver
* 2 antennas for the receiver
* 1 AC adapter for the receiver
* 4 AA batteries for the microphones (2 batteries per microphone)
* 1 6.35mm mono jack cable
* 1 adapter 6.35mm jack to 3.5mm jack​

BC Master BCM-WS222H wireless microphone kit test

The receiver box weighs 775 grams and measures 21cm in length x 16cm in depth x 4.5cm in height. It has a clearly readable backlit LCD screen, which gives indications on the channel used and the working frequency. The knobs are used to adjust the sound volume per channel, and the buttons allow you to change the channel in case of interference problems.

At the rear of the receiver, there are two XLR outputs (cables not supplied), a 6.35mm jack output (cable supplied) allowing the kit to be connected to an external speaker, and finally the plugs for screwing the antennas.

The 2 microphones surprise by their dimensions: they measure no less than 25cm in length and each weigh 306 grams. A little more discretion would have been welcome. Each microphone requires 2 AA batteries (supplied) to be able to operate (autonomy given for 16h). The microphones are robust, with a metal coating, and are provided with an LCD display which indicates the state of the batteries, the channel and the frequency of operation. A short press on the on / off button cuts the sound ("Mute" mode).

Using this kit is really simple; as soon as switched on, the pairing between the microphone and the box is automatic and immediate, and I did not encounter any particular technical problems, nor any feedback effect.

The sound is good but a bit weak in my opinion; I think this problem is related to the quality of the preamps in the receiver, and the use of the 6.35mm jack cable, which is better to replace an XLR cable, even if the manufacturer does not provide them.

In summary, I am pleasantly surprised by the good sound rendering of this kit, which I also find affordable and simple to use. This kit will be perfectly suited to animate meetings or conferences on the condition that the amplifier integrated in the external speaker is powerful enough, to compensate for the lack of pep of the receiver unit. It will also be very suitable for karaoke evenings. For musicians who play in a group, go your way, and turn directly to famous brands in this area, such as Shure or Sennheiser.

Positive points:

+ Complete and affordable kit
+ Robust microphones
+ Well suited for hosting karaoke meetings or evenings
+ Plug'n play
+ No feedback effect
+ Independent volume adjustment by microphone

Negative points:

- Microphones too large
- No carrying case provided
- Power cord too short (1.10m)
- Jack cable too short (1m)