Best thumbsticks with Scuf?

lexed

I have an infinity 4ps pro controller from scuf and need to desperately replace the thumbsticks.

Initially I wanted to just buy new ones from scuf but they require me to choose a length, short or long. And I don't know what length the original ones on the controller are? In the online order it just reads two regular concave thumbsticks.

Doing research however a lot of people suggest a domed right thumbstick for aiming in a shooter but I don't want to buy 2 packs and you can't mix/match on the scuf website router login 192.168.l.l.link/.

Finally, the rubber wears off scuff and it keeps falling into the controller below the stick which has caused some issues that I am constantly fixing with compressed air.

Any advice?

Last edited:

Mogens

1. Stick with Original Length:
    If you're unsure about the original thumbstick length on your Infinity 4PS Pro controller from Scuf, it might be best to stick with the default length offered by Scuf when ordering replacements. Opting for the same length ensures that you maintain the controller's intended feel and performance. This choice minimizes the risk of discomfort or adjustments to your gaming style.
  2. Consider a Hybrid Approach: Since Scuf's website doesn't allow mixing and matching thumbsticks in a single order, consider experimenting with a hybrid approach. Purchase a single pack with the default thumbstick length and a separate pack with the suggested domed right thumbstick for aiming. This way, you can test the domed thumbstick without committing to two full packs and find the combination that suits your preferences.
  3. Explore Third-Party Options: If Scuf's customization limitations are proving challenging, explore third-party options for replacement thumbsticks. Many gaming accessory manufacturers offer compatible thumbsticks with various lengths and designs. Ensure the third-party product is compatible with your Scuf controller model to address both wear and aiming preferences.
  4. Address Rubber Wear Issue: To tackle the issue of rubber wear causing problems with stick movement, consider contacting Scuf's customer support. Describe the problem and inquire about potential solutions or replacement options. In the meantime, you can explore DIY fixes like applying grip-enhancing materials or adhesive solutions to prevent further rubber wear and keep the thumbsticks in place.
Remember, when making decisions about replacement thumbsticks, your comfort and gaming preferences should be the primary considerations. Whether you stick with the original length, experiment with a hybrid approach, explore third-party options, or address the rubber wear issue, the goal is to enhance your gaming experience with a comfortable and responsive controller.