Bose smart audio glasses real experience

Jamsbond

Bose has been constantly innovating in the field of audio equipment and exploring new music experiences. In addition to the most common earphones and audio equipment, Bose also introduced many special products, such as Bose smart audio glasses. Bose products corresponding to the scene can be found almost where there is music. Listening to music with glasses is actually not a rare thing. After all, a certain manufacturer put bone conduction technology on glasses before, but the effect is very bad. The lens does not work and the sound quality is bad. Whether it is used as glasses or headphones, it is unqualified. So when I saw Bose smart audio glasses, I would not have too high expectations, but in actual use, I found that it did exceed my expectations. Let's take a look at its actual performance.

At first glance, Bose smart audio glasses will actually feel that it is no different from ordinary sunglasses. Compared to traditional sunglasses, the temples are larger and thicker than ordinary sunglasses, but you can’t see them if you don’t look carefully. In the eyes of others, you are wearing ordinary sunglasses.

Bose smart audio glasses use gold-plated stainless steel hinges, on the right is a gold button, and a row of metal contacts for charging, you can see the Bose logo at the end of the temple. The reason why the temples are bigger and thicker is that there are micro-speakers hidden in them, that is to say, it is not a bone conduction headset, but a "glasses sound." What's more surprising to me is that the Bose glasses are not heavy, only 45 grams, and they don't feel much different from ordinary sunglasses.

The sound quality of the Bose smart audio glasses also surprised me. It may be that the bone conduction glasses that I have used before left a shadow, so that the Bose glasses have a "wow, not bad, eh" feeling. Other colleagues tried it, and the feedback was basically the same, which sounded better than expected.

If you want to say how good the sound quality is, it is of course not like headphones. But this setting of placing the speakers next to ears really brings more special enjoyment than ordinary headphones. Headphones put music into your ears and isolate you from the real world. Bose audio glasses let the music blend into the real world around you, giving me the feeling of being immersed in the music world.

However, since it is a speaker after all, there will naturally be a problem of "sound leakage". People next to you in an indoor environment can still hear the music you play more or less. This is inevitable, but it is not a problem. Because its use scene is not indoors. Outdoors, pedestrians passing by in a hurry are unlikely to hear what song you are listening to.

In terms of control, a pair of glasses has only one button, click to pause to play and make calls, and long press to bring up voice assistants such as Siri. When shutting down, just put it upside down on the desktop as shown in the figure below and it will automatically shut down. Actually, you only need to turn the glasses upside down to shut down. It would be better if automatically pauses when take off the glasses.

In terms of battery life, the official claims that it can be charged for two hours and can play 3.5 hours of streaming music. Actually, it is found to be similar, and it can basically meet the needs of going out.

In fact, for this product, because of its special positioning, it is difficult to measure it with a single standard of sunglasses or earphones. It is an extremely segmented product. Simply put, you want to enjoy music while wearing sunglasses, but if you are buying a pair of sunglasses for music, this is not wise.