Buy PS5 or XSX? Take a look at IGN's purchase willingness survey

Tyler123

At the Christmas window at the end of this year, Sony and Microsoft will release their next-generation consoles, namely PS5 and Xbox Series X. Recently, the appearance and game lineup of the two main consoles have been exposed one after another. Currently, only the price has not been officially announced.For the two new consoles, which console do players want to buy? IGN recently launched a related vote to understand players' intentions to purchase next-generation consoles. The specific results are as follows:

So far, 4065 people have participated in this poll, of which the advantages of PS5 are very obvious. 51.4% of players choose to buy PS5 consoles (about 2090 people), while 24.1% of players choose to buy Xbox Series X (about 980 people). In addition, 11.6% of players choose to purchase both consoles (about 472 people), and 12.9% of players choose not to buy two consoles (about 524 people).

Sony’s previous PS5 conference attracted a lot of players’ attention, and it is more attractive than the Xbox Series X conference. This may be one of the reasons why PS5 is more popular. However, Microsoft will hold press conferences in July and August. With the announcement of the first-party game lineup, I believe it will eventually change the willingness of many players to purchase machines.

bigapple

I'll choose PS5.
Nothing against the Xbox. Just my play style is pretty much exclusively single player games, and PlayStation has the better single player games. Right off the bat there’s the new SpiderMan, new Ratchet and Clank and they’ve already announced a new Crash Bandicoot I believe. If I were an online gamer I’d buy an Xbox. The way I see it, PS has better single player, Xbox better online, Nintendo better family/party games plus Zelda, and PC kinda has a mix, and is for if you’re going for great specs. I don’t care about specs. As long as my good single player games run smooth enough, I’m good.

1593602059435.png

akagi1945

i don’t really care for the exclusives only games i play on my console is 2k and madden rest i play on my PC

Wyatt21

Cap, PlayStation has always had the best exclusives. Xbox has none since you can play them on pc with better graphics anyways :sneaky:
Fax. Ya. Honestly I used to fuck wit Xbox first but I ended up missing out on a lotta shit, so I switched over.

reality

I like the fact that the 5 will have a new interface and feel like a new console but I heavily prefer the Xbox controller for my large hands and I have my account with live and digital games. The Xbox is smaller too and all the One and some 360 games will work and be retooled with better graphics. Apparently the Xbox will be cheaper too

Honestly it’s whichever is cheaper but people will stick to their side unless the difference is drastic.

at this point I’m on Xbox unless PS5 comes crazy

Hear me out. Xbox wins on controller and actual software. Just easier to use as a media platform. But actual games Playstation 100%. Got that naughty dog yk?