Yes, HDMI 2.1 is backward compatible with HDMI 2.0 version.
View attachment 14564
1. HDMI 2.1 supports Dynamic Refresh Rate (VRR): for games to reduce or eliminate screen latency, lag, and tearing to ensure smoother and more complete game details.
2. Support ultra-low latency game mode, which can reduce the latency of the current TV by half.
3. Support RGB format HDR without switching to YUV422 and losing picture details due to insufficient bandwidth like hdmi2.0.
4. Quick Media Switching (QMS): for movies and videos, eliminating the delay that causes a white screen before content is displayed.
5. Audio return channel (eARC), home theater products can be wirelessly connected to HDMI, AVR, and use the highest quality audio specifications